Samsung was expect to roll out Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S4 in the start of 2014 somewhere around January. A chain of test firmwares has started leaking out and it was just yesterday that a leak test firmware Android 4.4.2 KitKat based on the build number XXUENA6 surfaced over the web, and surprisingly Samsung made it official today. The LTE variant of the Galaxy Note 3 – SM N9005 is receiving the KitKat update through Samsung Kies and Over-the-Air as well in Poland.
As usual, the update is on a slow roll out and may take a long time to reach your region. Some of you may want to update your device to the latest and greatest version of Android and taste the new white icons atop the display and check out the new performance and stability enhancements. To overcome your appetite, we’ve explained the method below in detail for updating Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Before we head towards the installation guide, here are some pre-requisites and pre-cautions that you must follow.
- This firmware is only for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005. Do not try this on any other device, check your device’s model in Settings > General > About Device.
- Your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety.]
- Using TWRP Recovery, please make an EFS backup before you flash this ROM.
- For the best performance results, it is always recommend to wipe cache and factory data before installing official firmware. This is not necessary but may be one in order to make the phone work at its best.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
Make sure that you read everything explained above carefully. Also, make sure that you’re doing it at your own risk, in case of any mishap we may not be held responsible.
Alright, let’s move forward to the 2nd page for flashing this ROM:
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016