Xperia Z3 Compact users! The wait is over now. Sony rolled out the Android Marshmallow update for our beloved Xperia Z3 Compact today. Marshmallow update for Xperia Z3 Compact carries the new Camera 2.0.0 application with some UI changes and new features. The new doze mode is there to give your device some extra battery life. Performance stability and bug fixes are something notable in this update.
Android Marshmallow update is currently hitting the D5803 variant of the Z3 Compact. It may be noted that this update has been made live for the devices which were a part of the Xperia Marshmallow beta program. At the moment, the update is reaching out select regions. Other variants of this device are expected to get this update anytime soon now.
As far as the version number is concerned, this update is Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and it carries the build number 23.5.A.0.570. Those of you willing to update their Xperia Z3 Compact right now can check out the OTA update option or Sony PC Companion. If you happen to be lucky enough to get this update, you may obtain it right away. Just in case the aforementioned methods do not show any signs of Marshmallow for your device, you may consider going for it manually. You can flash the FTF file of 23.5.A.0.570 firmware on your device using Sony flashtool. Wondering how? Well, that’s what we are here for. Let’s go through some early preparation and then have a look on the guide to flash the latest official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow 23.5.A.0.570 firmware on your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803.
1. This is only for Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803.
This ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this firmware on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%.
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
4. Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device.
Enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, tap settings>developer options>USB debugging. If you can’t find developer options in settings, then tap settings > about device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you’ll get em’ activated under settings.
5. Install and setup Sony Flashtool.
You must have installed Sony Flashtool. Find the full guide here. After installing Sony Flashtool, open the Flashtool folder from the drive where you installed it.Now open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe and install the Flashtool, Fastboot & Xperia Z3 Compact drivers from the list. [Important]
6. Use OEM data cable to establish connection.
Make sure that you use the phone’s original data cable to establish connection between your phone and the PC. Using a different data cable might result in interrupting the firmware installation.
How To Update Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803. To 23.5.A.0.570 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware
Before moving forward, please make sure that you’ve read the pre requisites and ensure that you are set to go ahead.
- Download the latest firmware Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow 23.5.A.0.570 FTF file.
- Copy the file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe now.
- Hit the small lightening button on the top left corner and select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF firmware file that you placed in the Firmware folder.
- From the right side, select what do you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended, perhaps you may select if you don’t want.
- Click on OK, and it will start preparing the firmware for flashing. This may take a little while to load.
- As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will prompt you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press.
- For Xperia Z2, Volume Down key will do the job of back key, just turn off your phone, keep the Volume Down key pressed and plug in the data cable.
- As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- As soon as you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” leave the Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot.
- That’s All! Congrats! You’ve installed latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Xperia Z3 Compact. Enjoy
In case you got any queries or face any problems regarding this guide, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks all!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Root and Install TWRP on Android 7.0 Nougat Galaxy S7/S7 Edge [Verified Method] - January 23, 2017
- How to fix Google Chrome performance issues on Mac OS X/MacOS Sierra - January 22, 2017
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017