Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow is now available for the original Galaxy Tab S 8.4. The update has arrived for the T700 and T705 variants of the Tab S 8.4. The T700 variant is WiFi only while the T705 variant is LTE. Both these variants can be updated to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow either manually or through an OTA update. Software updates are rolled out slowly, so in case the OTA update isn’t working at your end, you do not need to worry about it as you always have the option to flash the stock firmware using Odin3.
In case you have been looking for a way to update your Tab S 8.4 to official Marshmallow firmware manually and you just landed on this page while searching, we would like to tell you that you have spotted the right place. As you scroll down, you will come across a comprehensive tutorial to install official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 and SM-T705.
As mentioned, we will make the use of Odin3 flashtool. Odin’s entire process will take 5-10 minutes only, the only long part is to download the firmware and it entirely depends on your internet speed. Once you have the firmware, you need to follow a few steps and you are all good to go with. Before flashing the firmware, go through the precautions/early preparations carefully so that the entire process turns out to be smooth and error-free.
- Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up. In that case, we may not be held responsible.
- Your device’s battery should not be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well.
- Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
- Backup everything!
- Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flashtool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired firwmrae. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
Required Downloads & Installations
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.10.6.
- Download the firmware according to your device: SM-T700 | SM-T705
- Extract the downloaded firmware file to get the .tar.md5 file.
How To Flash Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700/T705
- Make sure that you read the instructions listed above carefully and you’re all set to go ahead now.
- Wipe your device complete in order to attain a neat installation. You may boot into the recovery mode and perform a factory data reset.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 or 3.10.6 hit the AP tab. Select the firmware.tar.md5 or firmware.tar, that you downloaded and extracted above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, The flashing process box will turn green upon successful flashing.
- Once the flashing process has been completed successfully, disconnect your device and reboot it manually.
- Once the device boots up, checkout the new firmware now.
- Your device will be running on official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware.
- Once updated to stock, do not try to downgrade, or else you will result in messing up EFS partition of your device.
- That’s all!
Got any queries? Make sure that you drop em’ in the comment box below. Good Luck!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Google Camera 4.2.022.135443920 APK – Download - October 22, 2016
- Download Critical Ops for Windows PC and Mac - October 21, 2016
- Install Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700/T705 - October 19, 2016