Galaxy Note 3 N9005’s Exynos Sibling, the Note 3 N900 received Android 5.0 update a week ago. For a moment it seemed like, Samsung is preferring updating its very own Exynos powered devices and it’s going to take pretty long for Snapdragon users to get latest Android versions for their devices. But just yesterday, an update based on Android 5.0 Lollipop started rolling out for Galaxy Note 3 N9005. The update gave us a hope that other Snapdragon devices will be receiving the latest update soon now. Changes in this new Android version are prominent enough. We have a completely new look of the TouchWiz UI. Samsung has made it all flat in order to meet Google’s newly introduced Material Design UI. Notifications on the lock screen look quite cool. Notification panel is transparent, battery life of the device is great now, performance enhancements have been made. A lot more is there to check out, you may do so upon flashing this firmware.
Galaxy Note 3′ Android 5.0 Lollipop update is available in a number of regions at the moment. The update carries Android version number 5.0, it’s pretty strange that Samsung is rolling out Android 5.0.1 for Galaxy Note 4, then why are we having Android 5.0 for Galaxy Note 3 N900 and N9005. Users can get this Android version using Samsung Kies or through OTA, but just in case you’re one unlucky user having no traces of this update in their region, you may want to find a way to add some Lollipop sweetness to your device by using an out-of-the-box method. To calm down your impatience, we’ve written down this guide that will explain you to update your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 to Android 5.0 Lollipop using Odin3 right now. Let’s go through the firmware details and then flash the new Android version on your device right away.
- Model Number: SM-N9005 (Galaxy Note 3 LTE)
- Region: Hungary
- Version: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Build: N9005XXUGBOA5
- Build Date: Jan 20, 2015.
1. This guide is only for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up. In that case, we may not be held responsible.
2. Battery should be charged at least 60%!
Your device’s battery should not be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well. So, make sure that you charge your device before you start the flashing process.
3. Use the OEM data cable to establish connection!
Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. Also, clean install is always recommended, that means you will probably have to wipe your device to install the new firmware. So, you may backup everything as listed below.
5. Install Samsung USB drivers
In order to be able to establish connection between your PC and your Galaxy S4, you need to have the Samsung USB drivers installed on your PC. You can find all Android USB drivers here on our site.
6. Turn off Samsung Kies and other softwares while using Odin3!
Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flashtool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired firwmrae. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
Required Downloads & Installations
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.10.6.
- Download and extract firmware file to get the .tar.md5 file.
How To Install Official Android 5.0 Lollipop On Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
- Make sure that you read the instructions listed above carefully and you’re all set to go ahead now.
- Wipe your device complete in order to attain a neat installation. You may boot into the recovery mode and perform a factory data reset.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Note 3 N9005 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 or 3.10.6 hit the AP tab. Select the firmware.tar.md5 or firmware.tar, that you downloaded and extracted above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, The flashing process box will turn green upon successful flashing.
- Once the flashing process has been completed successfully, disconnect your device and reboot it manually. You can pull out the battery, place it back and turn on.\
- Once the device boots up, checkout the new firmware now.
- Your device will be running on official Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware.
- Once updated, do not try to downgrade, or else you will result in messing up EFS partition of your device.
- That’s all!
Got any queries? Make sure that you drop em’ in the comment box below. Good Luck!