Xperia Sola is Sony’s budget Android smartphone that came up back in May, 2012. The device sports a very nice 3.7 inches LED display with 265 ppi. On the core Sony has used a NovaThor U8500 1 GHz Dual Core CPU accompanied by Mali-400 GPU and a RAM of 512 MB is there to boost it up. To take the pictures, there’s a 5 MP shooter at the back while there’s no front cam available on Sony Xperia Sola. Initially Xperia Sola ran on Android 2.3 Gingerbread and Sony updated the device later to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich and the updates are supposed to stop here.
So, coming back to the topic. You may need to install Stock / Official firmware on your device in order to update it or if you’ve unfortunately bricked your device. If so, the following post is going to help you as we’ll be going through a method that will help you to install the latest Android firmware on your Xperia Sola MT27i in a few minutes. The firmware we are going to flash is latest Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich based on the build number 6.1.1.B.1.54 and is generic / unbranded. Let’s go through the important installation instructions and then head towards the installation guide.
Installation Instructions & Pre-requisites:
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia Sola MT27i. Please check your device model first in Settings > About Device > Model.
- You must have installed Sony Flashtool – Get the full guide here. Also Install drivers using Flashtool > Drivers > Flashtool-drivers > Flashmode, Xperia Sola, Fastboot, select all these and install.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the process.
- Flashing this firmware will wipe all your apps, apps data, system data, contacts, call logs & messages. It will not wipe the internal storage (media) data. Proceed after you’ve backed up, in the next step the guides are linked in.
- Make sure that you backup your media content,contacts, call logs and text messages. This is important and recommended so that in case you decide to wipe your phone during the flashing process, you can get all of your data back using the backup.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, tap settings>developer options>USB debugging. If you can’t find developer options in settings, then tap settings > about device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you’ll get em’ activated under settings.
- To flash this firmware, you do not need to root your device, you do not need to unlock the bootloader. All you need is, your device must be the one mentioned and must be running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- Download the firmware file properly.
- Use the OEM data cable to connect your phone to your PC. Using any other data cable might cause connection problems.
- You need enough confidence to perform this custom method.
- Alright! Follow this guide to the letter in order to prevent any mishap.
How to Install Android 4.0.4 ICS 6.1.1.B.1.54 Official Firmware on Xperia Sola MT27i:
- Download Stock Android 4.0.4 ICS 6.1.1.B.1.54 Official Firmware [Unbranded / Generic ]
- Copy the file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe now.
- Hit the small lightening button on the top left corner and select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF firmware file that you placed in the Firmware folder.
- From the right side, select what do you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended, perhaps you may select if you don’t want.
- Click on OK, and it will start preparing the firmware for flashing. This may take a little while to load.
- As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will prompt you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press.
- For Xperia Sola MT27i, Volume Down key will do the job of back key, just turn off your phone, keep the Volume Down key pressed and plug in the data cable.
- As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- As soon as you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” leave the Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot.
- That’s All! Congrats! You’ve installed latest Android 4.0.4 ICS on your Xperia Sola MT27i Enjoy.
That’s all. We hope that you find this tutorial helpful. In case you got any queries or any difficulties, please feel free to stop by the comment box and drop us your words. We will get back to you immediately. Thanks.