Moto G 2nd gen from the year 2014 has got an unofficial build of CM 14 custom ROM based on Android 7.0 Nougat. Moto G 2014 initially ran on Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box. Motorola updated this device to Android Lollipop as well. Since then, there has been no further version of Android available for this device. Since Moto G runs on Android, this gives this device an opportunity to be updated to latest versions of Android through custom ROMs and that’s exactly why we love Android. Moto E and Moto G have no become the very first Motorola smartphones to have the unofficial CM 14 Android 7.0 Nougat builds.
CM 14 for Moto G has most of its features working. The ROM has got the RIL working on it which means you can make calls, send text messages and also connect to the mobile data. WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera, Audio, Video playback, Sensors, Flash and LED are also found working on this ROM. The only thing that’s not working at the moment is the video recording using the stock camera application. Even video recording will working using a third party camera application. These features are good enough to make this ROM a daily driver. If you are willing to taste the Android 7.0 Nougat on your Moto G, this may be the very right moment for you.
As you go ahead in this post, you will find a step by step guide to flash and Install Moto G 2nd gen Android 7.0 Nougat CyanogenMod 14 (unoffiical). Let’s have a look on the method and get done with it.
Install Moto G 2nd gen Android 7.0 Nougat CyanogenMod 14
The ROM flashing process requires you to factory reset your device, so, make sure that you backup all of your important contacts, call logs, sms messages and media content. Flashing a custom ROM is not recommended by device manufacturers and the process is highly custom. In case a mishap occurs, TechBeasts, the ROM developer or the device manufacturer may not be held responsible. Make sure that you are doing everything at your own risk.
- Unlock the bootloader of your phone.
- Download TWRP Recovery.img and flash it using this guide: How to install TWRP 3.0.x Recovery on your Android device
- Download cm-14.0-20160919-UNOFFICIAL-titan.zip file and copy it to your phone’s internal or external storage.
- Download Google GApps.zip for Android 7.0 Nougat file and copy it to your phone as well.
- Boot into TWRP recovery on your Moto G.
- Perform a factory data reset using the Wipe option in TWRP.
- Now get back to the main menu in TWRP and tap Install > locate the ROM.zip file > flash it.
- After flashing the ROM, flash GApps.zip file similarly.
- Once done, reboot your device into system now.
- As your phone boots up, you should see Android 7.0 Nougat CM 14 ROM on the boot menu.
- That’s all. Happy flashing!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017