Since HTC Sense 5 is only available for those devices who are released in 2012 like HTC One X and above. Devices like HTC Sensation XL or Sensation XE won’t be getting sense 5 update because there is no update of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean or above. While on the other hand, Developers at XDA are doing everything they can to giver users the taste of Sense 5 along with Jelly Bean 4.2.2. This ROM can be installed on both S-Off and S-On devices, but Bootloader must be unlocked for this tutorial.
In this Article, we will show you How To Install KingKobra 4.2.2 On HTC Sensation XL. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest TWRP or CWM Recovery must be installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For HTC 4.2.2 + Sense 5 On HTC Sensation XL.
- S-Off is preferred but you can still install it with S-On.
How To Install KingKobra 4.2.2 + Sense 5 For HTC HTC Sensation XL.
Before we begin, let me clear one thing. If you are S-Off in hboot then you don’t need to flash the boot.img separately, but if you are S-On in hboot then Flashing boot.img will let you get out of bootloop.
Note: It’s look like that many Users are having problem with the Previous ROM, So, I have updated the link to KingKobra ROM, you can try it on your Sensation XL
- Download KingKobra ROM Android 4.2.2 for HTC Sensation XL to your computer
- Make Sure that USB Debugging is enable, goto Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Then Download the Android 4.2.2 File from the above links.
- Extract the .zip file and either in Kernal Folder or in the Main Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Now copy and paste the Android 4.2 zip and file to the root of your SD card.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hole Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Then re-insert the battery and enter Bootloader mode. How? Press and hold Power + Volume Down button till you see some text on screen, From bootloader select recovery.
- Choose “Wipe Cache” Partition first.
- Choose ‘advance’ and select ‘Devlik wipe cache’, so you won’t stuck in any Boot loop.
- The finally choose ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Now select ‘Install zip from sd card’, then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the JB 4.2.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After that, +++++Go back. and Reboot System now. Wait for 5-minutes for the first run.
Voila that’s it you On HTC Sensation XL is now upgraded to Android 4.2.2 KingKobra Jelly Bean, to check Goto settings> About > Software Version.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016