HTC’s competitor to Samsung Galaxy S3 was an amazing phone and is still one of very good to choose from a few Android smartphones available around. HTC sent the phone having a Super IPS LCD display ranged at 4.7 inches with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels and 312 ppi. HTC One X was HTC’s first device to debut with a Quad Core CPU clocked at 1.5 GHz Nvidia Tegra 3 CPU accompanied by ULP Geforce GPU and a RAM of 1 GB. Out of the box the device ran on Android ICS and as off now it’s running on Android Jelly Bean.
What’s good is, more a device gets old, more the experimentation and new things come out from the hands of developers. There’s a plenty of custom ROMs available for HTC One X now that are way too smooth, stable and responsive. We have found something similar today for the HTC One X owners. A very smooth, stable and fast custom ROM title ad MaximusHD based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. In the following post we will guide you to download and install this awesome ROM on your HTC One X, you got to move a little ahead with us and go through all the explanations and steps one by one.
Let’s have a look on the features of MaximuHD ROM:
Based on 4.18.401.3
Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
Amazing battery life
Fast and Stable
Tweaked for Best Performance
Native HTC EQS
Option to remove unneeded apps
Option to install additional mods
Support of init.d
Always newest ROM bases
Here are some pre-requisites and important instructions that you must follow before you flash this ROM:
- This ROM is only for HTC One X International. Do not try this on any other variants of HTC One X. Make sure to check your device’s model number under Settings > About Device > Hardware Info / Model Number.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged over at least 80%. We highly recommend this in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Your device must be running on Android 4.2.2. Jelly Bean. If it’s running on a lower version of Android, you may not install this ROM. This may result in bricking your device. You may update your device to Android 4.2.2 via OTA first and then flash this custom MaximusHD ROM.
- Download and Install Android ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your PC. Follow the full guide here.
- Download and Install HTC Drivers on your phone. Get here.
- Your device’s bootloader must be unlocked. Unlock it here.
- Backup each and everything on your Android phone as follows:
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Backup all your apps / data. If you’ve rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to do so. Follow the full guide here.
- Make sure that you read all the important instructions carefully. Once done, you may go ahead.
Once read all the instructions, head towards the 2nd page for ROM installation.
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2