Brace yourself guys, KitKat is here! You heard it right. Android 4.4.2 KitKat has been leaked for Galaxy S4’s LTE brother, and the update is now available for download. If you have been eagerly waiting to receive the update and feeling jealous from Motorola for updating it’s Moto G to the KitKat Android, then it’s time to finish the grudge now and update your Galaxy S4 LTE to the latest Android 4.4.2 Leaked Test firmware.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat is not so much changed from the previous versions of Android on the Galaxy S4, the update packs up performance enhancements, some minor UI changes, and stability improvements. While this is a test firmware and is in no way official, so this may contain minor bugs. As off now, the leaked firmware is working good and the hiccups are not too much irritating. We’re going to have a look on a method to install this leaked test firmware on our beloved LTE Galaxy S4 GT-I9505.
Before head towards the flashing guide for this leaked firmware, here some important instructions that you must follow:
- This is a leaked / test firmware and is not official. Flashing this will not void your phone’s warranty and will not even raise the binary counter.
- This firmware is only for Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. Do not try this on any other device, check your device’s model in Settings > General > About Device.
- Your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Backup everything as flashing this firmware will wipe your phone completely.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety.]
- Using TWRP Recovery, please make an EFS backup before you flash this ROM.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the custom firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
Make sure that you read everything explained above carefully. Also, make sure that you’re doing it at your own risk, in case of any mishap we may not be held responsible.
Alright, let’s move forward to the 2nd page for flashing this ROM:
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017