Custom recoveries always become a pretty much handy tool when you want to go beyond the boundaries of your Android smartphone. Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 is surely one of the most used devices around the world and is widely being used by the developers as well, so if you are owning one, you’ll probably want to tweak it as there is a hefty list of mods, custom roms, and lots of other stuff to do on the device, but to do all this you’ll probably need a compatible custom recovery.
We’ve picked up TWRP recovery, as the recovery works fine on the device running on all Android versions, supports nice backup and restore features, advanced wipe features and a lot more is there to check. Thanks to TeamWin for creating this awesome recovery. Let’s get back to the topic, in the following post we will have a look on how to install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy Note 2. Download links are embedded in for all the variants for latest TWRP recovery, just download the file for your variant and flash it using the method we explained below.
To install TWRP Recovery on your device, you need to follow these instructions.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 2, for the variants which are listed below. Before installing this, make sure that your device is listed below. Check your device’s model number in Settings > More > About Device.
- Download the file carefully for your device.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is charged over at least 60%. Highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the recovery installation process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety.]
- Recovery works well for Galaxy Note 2 running on all Android versions, no need to worry about the Android version.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Pre – Requisites:
Download the latest file carefully for your device:
- Download TWRP Recovery 3.0.2 for International Galaxy Note 2 GT – N7100
- Download TWRP Recovery 3.0 for LTE Galaxy Note 2 GT – N7105
- Download TWRP Recovery 2.7 for Sprint Galaxy Note 2 SPH – L900
- Download TWRP recovery 2.7 for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 SGH – T889
- Download TWRP Recovery 2.7 for Canadian Galaxy Note 2 SGH – i317M
- Download TWRP Recovery 2.7 for At&t Galaxy Note 2 SGH – i317
- Download TWRP Recovery 2.7 for Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH – i605
- Download TWRP Recovery 2.7 for SK Telecom Galaxy Note 2 SHV – E250S
- Download TWRP Recovery 2.7 for KT Galaxy Note 2 SHV – E250K
- Download TWRP Recovery 2.7 for Quincy T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 SGH-879
- Note: For the devices, which come with a locked bootloader, you must unlock it first and then flash the recovery. Otherwise you will result in bricking it up.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy Note 2:
- Download the file for your variant carefully.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your phone in download mode, to do so, turn it off completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key, you should see a warning now, press Volume Up to continue.
- In case the download mode method doesn’t work for your device, try one of the methods from this guide.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- The ID:COM box in Odin should turn blue now, that means your phone is connected properly in download mode.
- Click the PDA tab in Odin and select the downloaded Recovery.tar file and let it load. Your Odin should look exactly as shown below, make sure that no extra options are selected.
- If you’re using Odin 3.09, you will select “AP” tab instead of the PDA tab, rest of the options should remain untouched.
- Hit start now and sit back, it will take a few seconds to flash the recovery and your device will reboot.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key to access the TWRP Touch Recovery that you just installed.
- You can backup your current ROM and do a lot of other things using the options in TWRP Recovery.
- Make sure that you make an EFS backup and save it on your PC as well. Find the option in TWRP Recovery.
- That’s All.
How to Root:
- If you want to root your device now, you can download the SuperSu.zip file.
- Place the downloaded file on your phone’s sd card.
- Open TWRP Recovery and select Install > SuperSu.zip and flash it.
- Reboot your device and find SuperSu in app drawer.
- Congrats! You’re now rooted as well.
That’s All! We hope that you found this guide of much help. In case you got any queries or face any difficulties regarding this guide, don’t hesitate to stop by the comment box below and leave us your message. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks All.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017