Got an HTC Sensation lying around? It is the time to pick it up, clean it and flash a new firmware. Android 7.1 Nougat CM 14.1 custom ROM is finally available for the HTC Sensation. The new CyanogenMod 14.1 will let you enjoy the latest and greatest version of Android OS on your pretty old HTC sensation. The ROM has got everything working pretty right. Thera re no major bugs as per users reported. It has already entered in its beta stage and it’s consistently improving. It won’t be wrong to say that you can keep the CM 14.1 custom ROM on your HTC Sensation as a daily driver. Flashing Android 7.1 Nougat on your HTC Sensation might be the rightest thing to do for now on this ages old device. In order to flash it, you need a custom recovery and you need to follow a few steps so that everything goes smooth.
In this guide, you will learn how to install HTC Sensation Android 7.1 Nougat CM 14.1 Custom ROM. Carefully go through the early preparations and then have the all new Android 7.1 Nougat running your HTC Sensation.
- This ROM is intended for the HTC Sensation only, do not try it on another device.
- Make sure that your HTC Sensation’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Download the TWRP 3.0 custom recovery and flash it using this guide on your HTC Sensation.
- Backup each and everything including SMS messages, Contacts, Call Logs, Media Content and Nandroid.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap. In case something goes wrong, TechBeasts or the ROM developers may not be held responsible. Make sure that you are doing everything at your own risk.
Install HTC Sensation Android 7.1 Nougat CM 14.1 Custom ROM
- Download Android 7.1 Nougat CyanogenMod 14.1 Custom ROM.zip file.
- Download Gapps.zip file for Android 7.1 Nougat (ARM) according to your liking.
- Copy both the downloaded files to your phone’s internal or external storage.
- Now power off your phone and boot it into TWRP recovery mode by using the volume button combination.
- As soon as you boot into TWRP, select the wipe option and perform a factory data reset.
- Now get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and tap Install > locate the ROM.zip file > Swipe to confirm flash > finish the flashing.
- Now once again get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and this time flash the Gapps.zip file.
- After flashing Gapps.zip file, wipe the cache and dalvik cache from the wipe > advanced wipe options.
- Now reboot your phone into system.
- As it boots up, you should find the CyanogenMod 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat booting up on your HTC Sensation. That’s all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to logout of Facebook Messenger on Android and iPhone - February 25, 2017
- How to install Google Play Store on Chinese OnePlus phones - February 25, 2017
- Download Deadtale Online for Undertale for PC - February 22, 2017