Xperia P’s firmware updates have stopped at Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, but there is a number of great and active developers over the XDA forums who are working at their best to keep the people’s interest alive in this device and bring us the heavily modified and feature-loaded firmwares. XDA senior member Pandemic has developed Honami MoonWalker V8 custom ROM based on the stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 6.2.A.1.100 firmware for our beloved Sony Xperia P. The ROMs speed, performance, and mod-rich nature is enough to impress the users and is a good option for those who are tired of the pure stock firmware.
In the following post, we are going to install Honami MoonWalker V8 Ultimate Custom ROM on Sony Xperia P LT22i. All you need is, follow this guide carefully to avoid any mishap and get it done successfully. To start off, let’s begin with the ROMs features and then head towards the installation instructions.
Pre-Installation Instrcutions for Honami MoonWalker V8 Custom ROM:
- Make sure that your phone is Xperia P Lt22i and is running latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. Do not try this on any other phone.
- Your device must have a working CWM recovery or kernel installed. Follow our CWM 6 installation guide.
- Please make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the recovery flashing process.
- Backup each and everything on your Android phone as follows:
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Backup all your apps / data. If you’ve rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to do so. Follow the full guide here.
- Backup your current system using a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) if you’ve flashed one. This is recommended in case something goes wrong with rooting your phone, you can use the custom recovery and return to the old working state of your system.
- Make sure that you read the instructions carefully and applied all precautionary measures. Let’s go ahead.
|Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SONY in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.|
How To Install Andorid 4.1.2 Honami MoonWalker V8 Ultimate Custom ROM on Xperia P:
- Make sure that you’ve installed CWM Recovery using the guide we linked above.
- Download Honami MW V8 Ulimate ROM.zip file and save it to your phone’s SDcard.
- Now boot into CWM recovery on your phone. To do so, turn off your device completely first.
- Now turn it on, as soon as you see the Pink LED, press Volume Up key and it should take you to recovery.
- In CWM recovery, mount system and data if it’s not mounted. Ignore if it’s mounted already.
- Now select “Install > Chose Zip from SDcard > Honami MW V8 Ultimate.zip > Yes”.
- Proceed and complete the ROM installation.
- Once installation is completed, wipe factory data in CWM recovery.
- Also wipe cache and dalvik cache in CWM recovery.
- Reboot your phone now. First boot may take up to 10 minutes.
- Reboot it once again after the first boot.
- That’s all.
If the ROM has impressed you, don’t forget to buy the developer a beer in order to support his hardwork. Thanks all!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Soul Knight for PC (Windows and Mac) - February 26, 2017
- Download LG G6 Stock Wallpapers - February 26, 2017
- How to logout of Facebook Messenger on Android and iPhone - February 25, 2017