Nexus 5 comes with Android KitKat and also with one of the best phone application Google’s Dialler. Google Dialler shows names of people that are not in your contacts. On Nexus 5 you can easily use this features by enabling Caller ID by Google. Ever wondered that, can you use this on other high end Android devices like Samsung Galaxy s5, Galaxy Note 3, s4, s3, HTC one and more. Today I will tell you how you can install Google’s Dialer Manually On Other KitKat ROMs.
How to Install Google Dialer on Samsung Galaxy Note 3, S5, S4, HTC One and more:
- No Root required. You can install it on official Android 4.4.
- Download the Apk File or Zip File.
- You can download apk file directly on your device or your system.
- Now if you want to install through Zip file then you can flash it through custom recovery.
- If you are running official Firmware the copy the apk file to system/priv-app. [ Change the APK permission to 644 after moving ].
- Now reboot your device.
I cannot find the app icon in my app tray after installing the Google Dailer’s apk.
If you face such kind of issue that after installing the apk, you can’t find the app icon in your apps menu or apps tray. Here’s what you can do to get it work.
- Try Any launcher you want.
- Now go into launcher settings.
- Select Shortcuts.
- Select Activities.
- Now select Google’s Dialer and open it.
- It will create a shortcut on your homepage.
Note: you cannot replace your default Dialer. You can use this as a app not as a default dialer.