Galaxy Note 3 topped the charts when it came out last year in September. There wasn’t just one reason for the device to be on top, the very first time Samsung wasn’t criticized for the phone’s body and design. Keeping these things atop, Samsung installed some nice and uncommon features like Air Command, S Finder, some new applications that were introduced also helped Samsung’s Galaxy Note 3 to win the ground. Earlier, the features of Galaxy Note 3 were ported to Galaxy Note 2 by the awesome developers over XDA forums and users were able to enjoy the look, feel and features of Note 3 on their Note 2 without any hitch. A similar port has landed for Galaxy S3 as well recently named as “GalmourS4/N3” ROM.
GlamourS4/N3, developed by henrylife, gives your Samsung Galaxy S3 a look and feel of Galaxy Note 3, the ROM also packs up the new features and applications ported from Note 3 to S3. Basically the ROM is based on MK6 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for the Galaxy S3, but is modded to the extreme level for the offerings in it’s list. Alongwith the Galaxy Note 3 features, look and other stuff, GalmourS4 ROM is also said to be fast, responsive and stable and is optimized for the best use. In the following post we are going to install this awesome ROM on the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. We’ll be having a look on the features this ROM is sporting and then head towards the pre-installation and installation instructions.
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model in Settings > About Device > Model.
- Your device must have a custom recovery installed, in case you’re missing it you may Follow our full guide here to install TWRP.
- Your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60%. This is highly in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety]. Here’s our full Nandroid Backup guide.
- You will have to go through Data Wipes during installation of this ROM, so make sure that you have backed up all the mentioned data.
- Make an EFS backup of your phone before you flash this ROM.
- You need enough confidence to flash this ROM.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the custom firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
How to Install GalmourS4/N3 Custom ROM on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300:
- Download GlamourS4/N3 ROM .zip file.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy the .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery select wipe option and wipe cache, factory data reset, dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card / locate the zip file > Select GlamourS4.zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone.
- Reboot your device as soon as flashing is done.
- You should see the GlamourS4/N3 ROM running on your device in a while.
- That’s all! Enjoy Galaxy Note 3’s look and feel on your Galaxy S3!
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into CWM or TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
In case you got any issues or you face any difficulties regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017