This GenNxt Custom ROM is based on Official Android 4.3 released by Samsung, but there are many changes in it, and its easy to find changes. This ROM comes with many amazing features and the best part, it is already rooted so you can enjoy the best out of all those features and also install all those apps, which requires root access. Along with that, many features from Samsung Galaxy S5 Kit-Kat firmware has been ported in it as well. This is most probably the only Custom ROM available for this device yet, so get your hands on it while it is fresh and this might be based on Android 4.3 but many of the Kit-Kat features are there as well to give you some experience too, and developer has promised to update this ROM as soon as possible.
Your Device should be on Android 4.3 or 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, otherwise you might experience some issues while using this ROM. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Galaxy Grand 2 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Samsung, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.
But why would anyone go for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all, some want performance and some want speed, some want looks, some want features. Putting them altogether in one ROM can cause a Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM is basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Install GenNxt Pre-Rooted ROM On Galaxy Grand 2 Duos .But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is G7102.
- Do-not try it on other Galaxy Grand.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
- Root Your Device: How To Root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In a case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Features Of GenNxt:
- -popup incoming call notification
- -Face unlock feature added in Lockscreen options
- -statusbar with Home and Lock buttons
- -Dual sim icons removed from notification panel
- -Chrome style popup browser
- -Premium White settings
- -Blotwares removed
- -KeyGuard Clock Position Center
- -Custom bootanimation
- -Custom Flare Effect
- -S5 systemui
- -S5 Framework
- -S5 weather widget
- -S5 settings icons
- -S5 Gear Manager
- -TwLauncher 5×6 app drawer with hide app feature
- -S5 App icons
- -Xposed Youtube Adaway
- -Unlimited Multiwindow dock
- -init.d support
- -S Note
- -3D Gallery
- -Multiwindows Plus
- -xposed installer
- -wanam xposed
- -xposed app settings change dpi
- -viper4android music effects
- -Haptic feedback in settings
- -Greenify xposed
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install GenNxt On Galaxy Grand 2 Duos. But let me remind you again, Samsung Kies will not Detect your Phone. If you ever want to Go Back to the Official ROM and ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery for the Device is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device Upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything
- Download Android 4.3 GenNxt ROM: Link
- No Need to Flash Google Apps, this ROM contains it already.
How To Install It.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the GenNxt.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the GenNxt.zip , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
That’s it, after a Successful reboot your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102 will be running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016