I don’t know, cause I have never tried such things, the only Beta version that I have tried in the Color OS on LG G2 and due to its side effects, I have never tried to flash any Beta ROM on any of my devices. However, that doesn’t stop others to flash such problems on their devices, since you can always return back to your Previous ROM, in case of any problem with the ROM you are installing. While exploring some Chinese Forum, I came across another ROM for Nexus 5, based on Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat, but in terms of looks and theme, quietly looks like MIUI ROM, Since everything was in Chinese and my Google Chrome doesn’t translate without crashing, so I though to let you people explore the ROM and let us know about your thoughts.
However, remember that this ROM is still in its beta Condition and for Nexus 5 it is a leaked firmware, since there is no Official support provided for this ROM, we will always consider it as a leaked ROM. In this article, we will show you How to Install FlymeOS 4 beta leaked on LG Nexus 5. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Nexus 5 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Google but a Custom ROM. Installation procedure uses the Fastboot commands to install this custom ROM. Your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
- This is only for Nexus 5!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Unlock Bootloader Of Your Device.
- Flash a Custom Recovery and Root Your device
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is LGE in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
FlymeOS 4 beta ROM: Link (Pass: T528)
How to Install FlymeOS 4 beta ROM:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder. (ADB and Fastboot Tools Installer)
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery:
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Dalvik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Finally Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the FlymeOS 4 beta.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Go Back and Flash Gapps.zip
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the FlymeOS 4 beta.zip, GoogleApps.zip and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
The First boot might take up-to 5 minutes, so please be patient.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016