I have been a huge fan of Mahdi ROM, as I tried it on Nexus 5, Galaxy S4, Nexus 4 and a lot of other devices, although the support was ended with the Arrival of Android 5.0 Lollipop and by support I mean that the last Mahdi ROM update was based on Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat, afterwards, users have waited quite a time to see whether there will be an update for Android 5.0 Lollipop, but unfortunately there was no update after Kit-Kat. However, the developer has done something out of blue, now instead of Mahdi ROM, we are seeing a brand new Custom ROM based on Android Lollipop, personally I have tried it on my Nexus 4 and absolutely loved everything about it.
The ROM is called EuphoriaOS and it based on the latest Lollipop version, available for Sony Xperia Z, if you have tried other Pure Android based ROMs on your device, then you might not find it that different, although, the performance and especially battery life is amazing. I survived 5 days on its battery saving mode and still there was more than 20% battery left. Personally my Experience with this ROM is awesome, now it is up-to you to see how good that is.In this article, we will show you How to Install EuphoriaOS Android 5.1 Lollipop on Sony Xperia Z. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Sony Xperia Z by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Sony but a Custom ROM. Installation procedure uses the Fastboot commands to install this custom ROM. Your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the early preparations and then flash this ROM.
- This is only for Xperia Z!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Unlock Bootloader Of Your Device.
- Flash a Custom Recovery and Root Your device
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Sony in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How to Install EuphoriaOS :
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder. (ADB and Fastboot Tools Installer)
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery:
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Dalvik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Finally Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the EuphoriaOS.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Go Back and Flash Gapps.zip
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the EuphoriaOS.zip, GoogleApps.zip and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
The First boot might take up-to 5 minutes, so please be patient.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016