Nexus 6 was available to users after the 29 September. Thanks to Chainfire. we were able to see the rooting method for this device. Now we are seeing something different for this device, as the very first Custom ROM is now available for it. Since there is no other version available for this device, this ROM is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop. This is a very early preview but something new, so if you want to see what it is, do try this ROM, but make a Back-up of your current ROM, otherwise, who knows you might have a device full of bugs in your hands.
The know issues in this ROM are, the Battery LED settings are not working along with the LED notifications, you might need to add a build porp to fix the Carrier Network settings. You might need to apply a patch to fix the Data Settings, if you are using Sprint data carrier. In this article,we will show you How to Install Euphoria-OS Beta 0.3 Android 5.0 Lollipop on Nexus 6. However, If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Nexus 6 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Google but a Custom ROM. You need to use the Fastboot commands to install this custom ROM. Your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
1. This is only for Nexus 6!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
4. Unlock Bootloader Of Your Device:
Since Nexus devices require an unlocked Bootloader for Customizations, you need to visit the link to Unlock the Bootloader: Link
5. Root and Install Custom Recovery:
Since a Custom ROM can’t be installed without a Custom Recovery, follow the link to install it: Link alos root the device.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Google in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Incase of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Euphoria-OS Beta 0.3: Link
bpear96 Gapps: Link
Super SU: Link
How to Install Euphoria-OS Beta 0.3:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder. (ADB and Fastboot Tools Installer)
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery:
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Finally Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Euphoria-OS Beta 0.3.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Go back and Flash the bpear96 Gapps and Super SU respectively.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Euphoria-OS Beta 0.3.zip, Gapps.zip, Super SU and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
The First boot might take up-to 5 minutes, so please be patient.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016