Samsung Galaxy Note 7 brought a lot of goodies on-board. Apart from equipping the up-to-date and top-notch hardware, Samsung improved the software up to a great extent as well. The Galaxy Note 7 brings a new enhanced TouchWiz UI. A new Air Command has made its way for the S Pen. The new S Note application is way cool. Gallery application has been revamped, there’s a new UI for the settings application and the entire System UI has been revamped as well. Galaxy Note 5 users looking forward to upgrading to the Galaxy Note 7 just for the sake of these features might want to wait for a while. The software of the Galaxy Note 7 has already been ported to the Galaxy Note 5, that means you can already get your hands on all the new cool stuff without upgrading your device and spending a thousand bucks.
The ROM has been ported by our friend Dr Ketan. Dr.Ketan’s ROM for the Galaxy Note 5 incorporates plethora of features which makes the device a power-hub. The new Note 7 port ROM still incorporates all those features running the new UI on the top. The ROM is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Grace UX N920KKKU2ZPG5. The new Note 7 Port ROM can be installed on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920I, N920G and N920C. I myself have consistently remained a user of the Dr.Ketan ROM starting from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, then Galaxy Note 4 and at the moment Galaxy Note 5 and found it to be the best replacement for the stock firmware of Note. The ROM gives you a complete control over its features. You can choose the features you wish to install and enable and leave others untouched. Apart from the features, the performance and stability are the two things that you will find great in this ROM. It’s time for us to move ahead and have a look at the list of all the features embedded in the ROM and then flash the ROM safely.
Galaxy Note 7 Port ROM for Galaxy Note 5 Features
- This ROM will work for Galaxy Note 5 N920I, N920C and N920G only. Do not try this on any other device or else you will result in bricking it.
- Charge your Note 5 up to 50% to avoid power issues during flashing process.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your Galaxy Note 5.
- Backup EFS partition. This is important in order to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Backup your media content, important call logs, contacts and sms messages as well.
- If you already have a TWRP recovery installed, backup Nandroid. Otherwise backup Nandroid before flashing the ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Turn off/close Samsung Kies in your computer since we are going to use Odin3.
- Turn off Firewall/Antivirus if you have enabled.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap during the entire process.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom ROMs or tweaking the device in any way is not recommended by device manufacturers. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers or the ROM developer may not be held responsible. Make sure that you are doing everything at your own risk.
How to Install Dr.Ketan ROM on Galaxy Note 5 and get all Note 7 features
- Download Samsung USB drivers and install them.
- Download Odin 3.10.6 and extract it to get Odin.exe file.
- Now download the Bootloader and Modem.zip file according to your Note 5.
- Extract the downloaded .zip file to get the .tar/md5 file now.
- Download N920 Dr.Ketan custom ROM M12_XDA_N7 Port.zip file and copy it to your phone’s internal storage or a USB OTG if you have one.
- Now put your Galaxy Note 5 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power + Home Key. Once booted up, press Volume Up to continue into download mode.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 5 to your PC now.
- Open Odin.exe now. Odin should show a blue light over the ID:COM box as an indication of successful connection and also show “Added” in the log on the left.
- Uncheck the “Auto-Reboot” option under the “Options” tab in Odin. The only selected option should be F.Reset Time.
- Now click on “AP” tab in Odin and select the Bootloader_Modem.tar/md5 file that you got for your device after extracting the zip file in step 3 & 4.
- Once the file has been selected in Odin, flash it.
- After the file has been flashed, Turn off your device by pressing and holding Volume Up + Down + Power key.
- Now boot your device into TWRP recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power Key. TWRP was flashed alongside the Bootloader and Modem, so your phone will now boot up into the recovery.
- In recovery, select “Install > Locate the ROM.zip file that you copied in step 5″. Select the ROM.zip file to begin flashing.
- As AROMA installer opens up, select the options/tweaks that you want on the ROM and follow on-screen instructions to flash the ROM.
- Upon finishing installation, reboot your device. First boot can take up to 10 minutes.
- Once the phone boots up, you will have the new Note 7 UI running on it. That’s all.
Got stuck with something? Don’t worry. Reach us out through the comment box below.