DN5, short for Ditto Note 5, ROM is now available for Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. The ROM carries features from the latest test Marshmallow firmware that landed in for the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5. By installing DN5 ROM on your Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, you can get all features of Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your device right now. In the succeeding guide we will learn how to flash Ditto Note 5 (DN5) ROM on your Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge and get all Android 6.0 Marshmallow features right now.
Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and some other past flagship devices of Samsung are looking forward to the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update. Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge’s Marshmallow update will be here sometime around February, 2016. Since the Galaxy Note 5 is the latest flagship device, this phablet will be getting its update first of all. Note 5’s Marshmallow update is all set to come out in December, 2015. Samsung pushed a test Marshmallow firmware to one lucky T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5 user. The firmware has been made available, linked above with the installation guide. Some Android enthusiasts couldn’t wait for the official update and they ported the new Android Marshmallow features from this test firmware of Note 5 to our beloved Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge. This great work has been done by Electron Team. In case you’re not familiar with these guys, these are the famous people behind the Ditto Note 2 ROM and then they continued this Ditto Note ROM series. Their latest ROM is Ditto Note 5 which is available for Galaxy Note 4 and now its also available for Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
Latest Ditto Note 5 ROM by Electron Team packs up almost all cool Android 6.0 Marshmallow features which include a new white background in the notification bar. A new settings application. New enhanced dialer and phone application. A lot of other applications have received a new UI. Samsung has improved the look of TouchWiz UI in the Marshmallow firmware. So, by installing this Ditto Note 5 ROM on your S6 and S6 Edge, you will be able to have a look and feel of Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your phone right now. Ditto Note 5 ROM for S6 and S6 Edge doesn’t carry the Android 6.0 Marshmallow features only, but it also carries all features of the Galaxy Note 5 for your phone. This ROM is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ported from the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. Let’s go ahead now and learn the method to install DN5 ROM on your phone.
- This ROM is intended for the Galaxy S6 SM-G920 F/I/S/K/L/T/W8 and Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925 F/I/S/K/L/T/W8. Read your device’s model number carefully in the “About Device” section and proceed only if your device’s model number is listed here.
- Your Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge must be running latest Android Lollipop firmware.
- Download and install TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge.
- Backup EFS on your Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge
- Make a Nandroid backup of your existing system.
- Backup important messages, contacts and call logs.
- Download the ROM carefully for your device.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishaps.
Disclaimer:The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. If your device has the Knox counter on the bootloader, it will be tripped and you won’t be able to reset it ever. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install DN5 ROM on your Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge and get all Android Marshmallow Features
Before you flash this ROM, you need to make sure that you’ve read and applied all the guidelines explained above.
- Download Ditto Note 5 ROM.zip file for your Galaxy S6
- Download Ditto Note 5 ROM.zip for your Galaxy S6 Edge
- Download Fix Lockscreen DN5 V5.zip.
- Download Android Marshmallow SmartManager_v3.rar file.
- Download all the .zip files linked above according to your device and copy the downloaded files to the sd card of your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge.
- Make sure that you’ve installed TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge.
- Now boot into TWRP recovery, to do so, turn off your device and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up+ Home Button + Power Key. Select Wipe >Advanced Wipe > Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. You can also perform a factory data reset.
- Once you’re in TWRP recovery, tap Advanced option and perform a factory data rest.
- Now get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and tap “Install > Locate the Ditto Note 5 ROM.zip file > Swipe finger to flash > flash the ROM”
- Now get back to the main menu once again, tap “Install > locate Fix Lockscreen DN5 V5.zip file > Swipe finger to flash > flash the file”.
- Similarly flash the SmartManager file.
- Once you’ve flashed all the files, tap Advanced wipe option and wipe cache + dalvik cache of your Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
- Now tap the Reboot option in TWRP recovery and reboot into system.
- Your S6 or S6 Edge will take a while to reboot into system. Once it boots up, you will have the Ditto Note 5 ROM installed with Android Marshmallow features on your phone. Enjoy!
Credits: Electron Team
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Root and Install TWRP on Android 7.0 Nougat Galaxy S7/S7 Edge [Verified Method] - January 23, 2017
- How to fix Google Chrome performance issues on Mac OS X/MacOS Sierra - January 22, 2017
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017