Stock based custom ROMs are always the best choice to go with. You can have enjoy tons of mods and features, with a lot user controlled customization and your phone’s base is still on stock / official Android. Galaxy S3 Mini is currently running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, there are several ROMs based on CyanogenMod 11 and others that can help you to enjoy a higher version of Android on your Mini S3 but still the best choice is using a stock based custom ROM.
We have something similar for you here today. DMod v6 is an awesome custom ROM based on XXAMD3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware, the ROM is bloatware free and is deodexed. The developer has ported some cool apps from Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 2 to add some charm to the Mini S3. Chances of bugs are less in this ROM, So, you may just want to install it without a second thought. In the following post we’ll be having a look on a method to install this ROM on Galaxy S3 Mini. Before we head towards the ROM installation guide, let’s have a look on what this ROM has to offer.
Here are some important pre-requisites and installation instructions:
- This ROM works for all the variants of the Galaxy S3 Mini i8190. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device’s model under settings > About device > Model.
- Your device must be charged over at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the installation process.
- It is highly recommended that you make a nandroid backup of your device using a custom recovery. This is handy in case something goes wrong and you want to get your older system back immediately.
- Use the OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and Phone.
- Backup each and everything on your Android phone as you may have to go through data wipes during installation process. Here are the backup procedures.
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Backup all your apps / data. If you’ve rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to do so. Follow the full guide here.
- Your device must have a CWM or TWRP Recovery installed. Follow the full guide here to install one.
- Make sure that you read all the important instructions carefully. Once done, you may go ahead.
Alright. Make sure that you followed all the instructions carefully and let’s move forward to the 2nd page for ROM installation.
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to wipe cache partition of Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus - March 30, 2017
- How to factory reset Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus - March 30, 2017
- How to take screenshot on Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus - March 30, 2017