Everytime Samsung pulls the curtains off from its Note flagship, Samsung brings a handful of new mouth watering features. This year Samsung unveiled the 5th iteration of Galaxy Note family. As usual, the new Galaxy Note device turned out to be a huge success for Samsung. Galaxy Note 5 sported a completely new design and build, the phone is equipped with top-notch specifications. Samsung used its latest TouchWiz UI on this device. Apart from these cosmetic changes, Samsung loaded it with some handy features which include a new Air Command menu at the top. The new TouchWiz UI is pretty impressive. After seeing the features on the Galaxy Note 5, many Note 4 users wanted to get their hands on those features as well but due to the some new changes introduced by Samsung, Note 4 owners didn’t want to switch to a Galaxy Note 5. Since we are blessed by an open source operating system in the form of Android, anything is possible here. You can now easily enjoy all the features of the Galaxy Note 5 on your Galaxy Note 4 and you do not need to switch your device to checkout the new stuff introduced by Samsung.
Electron Team, the guys behind all-time famous Ditto Note 2 ROM have joined the Note 4 community now. Eelectron Team has come up with Ditto Note 5 ROM for our beloved Galaxy Note 4. The ROM serves the same purpose for the Galaxy Note 4 as it served for the Galaxy Note 2. Ditto Note 5 ROM is based on Note 5’s software framework. The ROM has almost all new features including the Air Command, Direct Pen input, Multiuser feature and others from the Galaxy Note 5. The ROM doesn’t carry the features from Galaxy Note 5 only, but it also got some cool additional features. Ditto Note 5 ROM has a call recording feature, 5way reboot feature, delay message feature etc. The ROM is rooted and deodexed.
Ditto Note 5 ROM is available for Galaxy Note 4 N910C. The ROM is based on the stock firmware of Galaxy Note 5 N920C and its Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Since its a stock based custom ROM, you’re not going to find any prominent bugs in this ROM. Ditto Note 5 ROM is pretty smooth and stable and can be kept for everyday use on your Galaxy Note 4 N910C. If you’re looking for a nice custom ROM that can give your device a whole new life, we recommend flashing Ditto Note 5 ROM on your Galaxy Note 4 and get all features from the all new Galaxy Note 5. In the succeeding post we will be taking you through a detailed method to install Ditto Note 5 ROM on your Galaxy Note 4 N910C. Let’s go through some instructions and then get it working on your phone.
1. This is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
Also make sure that your device is running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. If it’s running an older version, you may need to update its bootloader to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop first and then flash this ROM. You can use this guide to flash the bootloader only.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery
A custom recovery is required for flashing this ROM. You may flash TWRP recovery using this guide.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – You can do this using TWRP recovery.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. If your device has the Knox counter on the bootloader, it will be tripped and you won’t be able to reset it ever. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How to install Ditto Note 5 ROM on Galaxy Note 4 N910C
Before you flash this ROM, you need to make sure that you’ve read and applied all the guidelines explained above.
- Also, make sure that you’re currently running your Galaxy Note 4 on Android 5.1.1. Upgrading from an older version of Android will cause issues.
- Now boot into TWRP recovery, to do so, turn off your device and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up+ Home Button + Power Key. Select Wipe >Advanced Wipe > Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Download the Ditto Note 5 ROM [DN5_v0.4_N910C_by_E-Team.zip] and place it on your phone’s sd card.
- Also download DN 5 update.zip file and copy it to your phone’s SD card as well.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery again, select install > DN4_v0.4_N910C_by_E-Team.zip file and flash it.
- The ROM will take a while to get flashed. As soon as the installation is done, factory reset the phone using the wipe option in TWRP recovery.
- Reboot now and setup your new ROM in order to enjoy the features of Galaxy Note 5.
Credits: Electron Team
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017