Just last year, when Samsung pulled the curtains off from the Galaxy Note 3, it tempted the users at a great level. The features in the Galaxy Note 3 were mouth watering that would just make the users forget any other smartphone easily. These features included the small scroll, smart pause, air view and air gestures. While the predecessor of the device, the Galaxy Note 2, because of being a great Android device of all the time, was owned by a huge number of Android freaks and not all of them were supposed to update their device to the Galaxy Note 3, so a new team, named as Electron Team, a group of some great XDA developers came up with their ROM named as Ditto Note 3 ROM, that packed up almost all the features of the Galaxy Note 3 for our beloved Galaxy Note 2. The ROM added a new life to the Galaxy Note 2 and turned out to be a big reason for the users to stick with the Galaxy Note 2 having the touch of Galaxy Note 3. Initially the ROM included some minor bugs and hiccups here and there, but with time it received some major improvements and stability, along with the performance has become more than better by now.
Now, the Galaxy Note series by Samsung has reached the 4th great iteration. Just a month back, Samsung brought up the Galaxy Note 4 in spotlight, and as usual, the device turned out to be a beast just like the previous Galaxy Note series phablets. The Galaxy Note 4 has a plethora of features that makes it stand atop among all the Note series phablets so far. Running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat atop of Samsung’s newest TouchWiz UI, the device packs up some cool features. There are great UI changes that make the display eye-catching. Besides this ,there are some awesome features like application pop ups, incoming call pop-up notification, new recent applications menu, Air command with some new features, some new smart features, new settings application, music player, video player etc. These features make the Galaxy Note 4 a great choice over any other Android device of the day, and are good enough to tempt an Android freak to get hands on this device easily.
While the Galaxy Note 4 costs a whopping amount, it will be out of reach for so many people. And if you own a Galaxy Note 2, you would like to jump to this latest Galaxy Note as you might fall for its enchanting features, but just in case the first reason is stopping you from upgrading your device or you want to stick with your Galaxy Note 2 giving it a touch of Galaxy Note 4, Electron Team has made it all possible for you. Just like they released the Ditto Note 3 ROM last year, they’ve now come up with the Ditto Note 4 ROM for our beloved Galaxy Note. The new ROM (DN4) packs up almost all the mainstream features of the Galaxy Note 4 and makes them run on the Galaxy Note 2 flawlessly. This will definitely add a new life to your Galaxy Note 2 and prove out to be a great reason for you, not to upgrade your device anytime soon. Let’s go through the features of this ROM now.
Based on 4.4.4 Touchwiz rom ported from S3 Korean version.
Features ported from Galaxy Note 4
AGNI Kernel by default
Standalone flashable zip (no aroma)
Rooted and Deodexed
Let’s go through the early preparations now and learn how to install the Ditto Note 4 (DN4) Android 4.4.4 KitKat Custom ROM on your Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 and grab features from the Galaxy Note 4.
1. This is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery
A custom recovery is required for flashing this ROM. You may flash TWRP recovery using this guide.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – You can do this using TWRP recovery.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. If your device has the Knox counter on the bootloader, it will be tripped and you won’t be able to reset it ever. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How to install Ditto Note 4 ROM on Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 now
- Before you flash this ROM, you need to make sure that you’ve read and applied all the guidelines explained above.
- Also, make sure that you’re currently running your Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 [MJ5 bootloader] or higher. Upgrading from an older version of Android will cause issues.
- Now boot into TWRP recovery, to do so, turn off your device and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up+ Home Button + Power Key. Select Wipe >Advanced Wipe > Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Download the Ditto Note 4 ROM [DN4_BY_ELECTRONG_TEAM.zip] and place it on your phone’s sd card.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery again, select install > DN4_BY_ELECTRONG_TEAM.zip file and flash it.
- The ROM will take a while to get flashed. As soon as the installation is done, factory reset the phone using the wipe option in TWRP recovery.
- Reboot now and setup your new ROM in order to enjoy the features of Galaxy Note 4.
Here are some screenshots by the developers
Those having WiFi issues can resolve it using the Patch by Dr Ketan. Here’s how to get across it.
Here’s how you can flash Dr. Ketan’s Wifi Fix Patch:
- Download and extract Dr Ketan’s Wifi Patch from HERE.
- Open Odin.
- Put your phone in download mode. To do so ,turn it off and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key, then press volume up to continue.
- Connect it to your PC. the ID:COM box should turn blue in Odin now.
- Select PDA tab, and select the downloaded Dr Ketan’s Wifi Patch file.
- Hit start. It should flash the wifi patch quickly. As soon as your device reboots, try turning on wifi and it should be working.
- In case you are currently on an older bootloader, then download and extract this BL_MJ5_DN3 bootloader and flash it using Odin and skip Dr Ketan’s Wifi Fix.
Just boot into TWRP recovery now and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device. If the ROM isn’t good enough to fulfill your needs, you may flash stock firmware using this guide.
That’s all. If you’re facing any issues after installing this ROM, make sure that you reach us by using the comment box below. We will respond you immediately in order to help you out. Thank you all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to wipe cache partition of Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus - March 30, 2017
- How to factory reset Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus - March 30, 2017
- How to take screenshot on Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus - March 30, 2017