LTE Galaxy Note 2 N7105 owners have been missing the Ditto Note series ROMs for their device for quite a long time and finally the great Electron Team has come up with the latest iteration of their custom operating system for our beloved LTE variant of the Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105. The operating system is the V2 of the Ditto Note 4 ROM, as the ROM suggests, this ROM has got all what you will find in the Galaxy Note 4. The ROM is worth having on your device as it will intelligently turn your Galaxy Note 2 into a Galaxy Note 4 by adding some cool features borrowed from the device. The features atop of the list include Note 4 Air Command, Note 4 Image Clip, Note 4 S Finder and others. The base of the operating system is the Android 4.4.4 KitKat ported from the Korean version of the Galaxy S3. The firmware, over-all is a great choice to go with if you want to change the life of your Galaxy Note 2.
Although the Galaxy Note 2 will be upgraded to Android 5.0 Lollipop officially and the device currently runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat, but some Android power users may want to try out something completely different right now. The next update may carry some features from the Note 4, but it’s going to take quite a while for Samsung to cook up Android 5.0 Lollipop for a device like Galaxy Note 2 and we’ve already seen that Samsung isn’t doing really good with its updates. For the users looking out there for a way to install the Ditto Note 4 ROM on their Galaxy Note 2, we’ve prepared this guide. As you scroll down, you will find a completely and comprehensive method to install Ditto Note 4 V2 on your Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105. All you need to do is, you need to make sure that you follow this guide carefully and follow each and every single step accordingly. Let’s go through the ROM features now and get this ROM running greatly on your device.
1. This is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105 [LTE]
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery
A custom recovery is required for flashing this ROM. You may flash TWRP recovery using this guide.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – You can do this using TWRP recovery.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. If your device has the Knox counter on the bootloader, it will be tripped and you won’t be able to reset it ever. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How to install Ditto Note 4 ROM on Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105 now
- Before you flash this ROM, you need to make sure that you’ve read and applied all the guidelines explained above.
- Also, make sure that you’re currently running on latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
- Now boot into TWRP recovery, to do so, turn off your device and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up+ Home Button + Power Key. Select Wipe >Advanced Wipe > Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Download the Ditto Note 4 ROM [DN4 V2 For LTE Devices.zip] and place it on your phone’s sd card.
- Download the LTE ADDON DN4 v2 for N7105 LTE v1.1 and copy it to your phone’s SD card as well.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery again, select install > DN4 V2 For LTE Devices.zip file and flash it.
- The ROM will take a while to get flashed. Do not reboot your device once the installation is done.
- As soon as the ROM is flashed, go back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and select install once again. This time flash the file “LTE ADDON DN4 v2 for N7105 LTE v1.1“, once done, wipe cache and dalvik cache in TWRP recovery.
- Reboot now and setup your new ROM in order to enjoy the features of Galaxy Note 4 on your LTE Galaxy Note
If the ROM isn’t good enough to fulfill your needs or if something went wrong with the installation, you may flash stock firmware using this guide.
That’s all. If you’re facing any issues after installing this ROM, make sure that you reach us by using the comment box below. We will respond you immediately in order to help you out. Thank you all.
- ROM Credits: Electron Team
- LTE Patch Credits: ykkfive
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017