Galaxy Note 3 came up 2 months ago, and Sammy fans added it to their wishlist because of its hefty hardware and software features. The device packs up a massive Exynos 5 Octa Core CPU clocked at 1.9 Ghz, 3GB RAM, 5.7 inch full HD Display with 387 ppi, 13 MP camera at back and a 2 MP camera on the front. Atop of these mighty specs, the device runs on Android 4.3 based on Samsung’s own Touchwiz UI.
Samsung introduced some new features like Air Command that has S Pen window, S Finder, Screen write, scrap booker , Action Memo. Along with these features, Samsung updated the multi window as well that allows 2 same apps to run at a same time. A new look for My files, gallery got a new look as well and a hefty list of new features is there to state as well but let’s don’t discuss it for now as in the following post you will actually enjoy having all those on your lovely Galaxy Note 2.
Yes! you read it right the lovely predecessor of the Galaxy Note 3, the “Galaxy Note 2”. Galaxy Note 3 has been talks because of its beautiful features and who doesn’t want to get it on their device? As long as there is Xda-developers forums things will keep working out for the Android smartphone owners. This time the amazing people over XDA have cooked a ROM that packs up almost all the features of Galaxy Note 3 and runs all the features flawlessly.
You may want to checkout: Install Ditto Note 4(DN4) ROM on Galaxy Note 2 and get all Note 4 features
The ROM is named as “Ditto Note 3” and is developed by Electronic Team developers. And the ROM shows off exactly what the name states. Let’s have a look at what this ROM offers:
- Air Command
- Smart Scroll
- Smart Pause
- Signature Lock
- Multiwindow with quad view
- Writting Buddy (Direct Pen Input)
- One Hand Operation in All Screens
- Pen Window without SPen
- Note 3 Icons
- Note 3 Launcher
- Note 3 MyFiles
- Note 3 SNote
- Note 3 ScrapBook
- Note 3 SketchBook
- Note 3 Settings with search feature
- Popup menu in many note 3 apps.
- Quick Glance Air Gesture
- Pen Window Manager from
- Other note 3 apps like contacts,msg etc.
- Smart Screen options (all though doesnt work right now.)
- Incoming call notification popup from
- Possible to use the same app in both multiwindows
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Samsung in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Let’s head towards the ROM flashing guide.. Before we do so, here are some pre-requisites you must have:
- Your Galaxy Note 2 must be rooted and have a custom recovery installed. Follow this guide to root and install a custom Recovery.(Although the title specifies that the guide is for Galaxy Note 2 running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, but it will also work fine if you are running a lower version of Android or any other custom ROM).
- Make sure that your device is Samsung Galaxy Note 2 – GT N7100. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device’s mode in Settings > About Device > Model.
- Make sure that you’ve battery charged over at least 60%. It is highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap while flashing.
- Make sure that you backup all your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.
- Boot in to TWRP Recovery (Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key) and backup your current ROM, take EFS backup, also backup the Modem..
- All set? Follow the guidelines below carefully to the letter now..
How to Install DN3 V3 ROM:
- Boot into TWRP recovery, to do so, turn off your device and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up+ Home Button + Power Key. Select Wipe >Advanced Wipe > Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Download the Ditto Note 3 V3 ROM and place it on your phone’s sd card.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery again, select install > ditto note 3.zip file and flash it.
- The ROM will take a while to get flashed. As soon as the installation is done, factory reset the phone using the wipe option in TWRP recovery.
- Reboot now and setup your new ROM in order to enjoy the features of Galaxy Note 3.
In case you are facing wifi issues after flashing this ROM, that is due to the old bootloader. You need to flash new bootloader on new ROM. Here is how you can get the new bootloader.
Here’s how you can flash Dr. Ketan’s Wifi Fix Patch:
- Download and extract Dr Ketan’s Wifi Patch from HERE.
- Open Odin.
- Put your phone in download mode. To do so ,turn it off and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key, then press volume up to continue.
- Connect it to your PC. the ID:COM box should turn blue in Odin now.
- Select PDA tab, and select the downloaded Dr Ketan’s Wifi Patch file.
- Hit start. It should flash the wifi patch quickly. As soon as your device reboots, try turning on wifi and it should be working.
- In case you are currently on an older bootloader, then download and extract this BL_MJ5_DN3 bootloader and flash it using Odin and skip Dr Ketan’s Wifi Fix.
We’re sure that you will love this ROM, don’t forget to donate to the original developer in order to support him for this awesome work.
That’s all for now. In case you got any queries, or face any difficulties regarding this guide, feel free to stop by the comment box below. Thanks.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Stock Wallpapers - July 23, 2016
- Download Prisma for PC (Windows and Mac) - July 19, 2016
- Download Prisma APK for Android (Prisma Art Photo Editor) - July 19, 2016