Dirty Unicorns (DU), originally based on AOKP, but now based on OmniROM brings a great combination of Stability and customization. This ROM boasts a huge amount of features from customizing the soft keys from DSP Equalizer and there are other awesome features awaiting for you in this ROM. With Android 4.4.2 goodies along with great smoothness and speed, it will give your Nexus 4 a new life.Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some wants looks, some wants features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.
If you have ever installed a Custom ROM on your device, then this might not be very Difficult for you, Otherwise pay more attention to the Tutorial. In this Article, we will show you How To Install Dirty Unicorns Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Custom Firmware On LG Nexus 4. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is LG in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest TWRP or CWM Recovery must be installed on it.
- Make Sure that USB Cable is not Connected With PC While The Installation in Process.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For LG Nexus 4.
Note: If by any Chance you gets the Signature Verification Failed Error, do the Following:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
How To Install Dirty Unicorns Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Custom Firmware On LG Nexus 4.
- Download Android 4.4.2 Dirty Unicorns ROM but don’t extract it.
- Download Google Apps.
- Connect Nexus 4 to PC. Make sure to use original USB cable.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded file to the root of your sd card.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Up + Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- From Bootloader, choose Recovery
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Finally Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Android 4.4.2.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Then install Gapps the same way.
- Once the Installation is Over,Select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Android 4.4.2 and Gapps , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
That is it, After a Successful reboot, your LG Nexus 4 device will be running Dirty Unicorns Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Custom Firmware . Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016