Team CyanogenMod is one of the most famous and successful team to provide Custom ROMs for Android devices, not only they provide the latest Android version first, but they have also given the right to let others make un-official ROMs based on their versions. After their initial release, other developers then use their sources as the Base for their ROM, but whatever the case will be Team CM is always the first in releasing the latest Android version for lots of Android devices and now there has been a release of CyanogenMod 13 for Nexus 6P, but not the official one, let us go through some of its features to see what you are buying.
The kernel and Device tree is the same as the real one, so the smoothness and performance of the ROM will be the same. Snapdragon camera has been added, instead of keeping the stock one, giving you a little more than just tap and shoot thing. Expended Notifications, Network Monitoring has also been added in it and the Immersive mode, that i found quite good to hide your stuff from someone who keeps messing with your device.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Hawaii Nexus 6P to update it to CyanogenMod 13 jgcaap’s builds.
- This ROM is intended for Hawaii Nexus 6P. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Nexus 6P.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, Google OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install CyanogenMod 13 jgcaap’s builds on Nexus 6P
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Factory data reset, Cache and Devlik Cache
- Download latest CyanogenMod 13 .zip | Google Apps file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery.
- Tap Install > Select CyanogenMod 13 .zip file < Swipe finger to flash it.
- Once the installation is over, you’ll be in recovery again.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016