One of the most active builds based on Android 5.0 Lollipop is the CyanogenMod 12 and in past we have seen a lot of devices being updated to CyanogenMod 12, which includes most of the low end devices and a lot of high-end devices. Most of those ROMs were official and some of them were un-official. Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos was still in the line to get its hands on the CyanogenMod 12, whether the official build or the unofficial build and today, thanks to XDA Developer pawitp, we are seeing the CM12 for this device.
The Build is, however, un-official and also a very early build, and the developer also mentioned that, there is no need to submit bugs on the Official CM 12 threads, also the build will get stable as the developer will release further versions of this ROM, although you might need to update the ROM manually every time, that would a real pain. Nonetheless, this CyanogenMod 12 is available for Galaxy Grand Duos and In this Article, we will show you How to Install CyanogenMod 12 on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082/I9082L, but If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082/I9082L by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Samsung but a Custom ROM. You need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this. Your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
- This is only for Galaxy Grand Duos I9082/I9082L
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Flash a Custom Recovery and Root Your device
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
CM 12: Link
Google Apps: Link
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Finally Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the CM 12.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe and Select Data, System, Cache
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the CM 12.zip, Gapps and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
First Boot might take up-to 5-minutes, so let your device rest for 5-minutes as you do something else.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016