Google is already rolling out Android 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus devices, and the aftermarket version of Android, CyanogenMod 12 has reached Android 5.0.1 officially now. CM 12 is being compiled for a handful of devices by some great devlopers. Manufacturers are doing their best to update their flagships to the latest and greatest version of Android at the moment, but if you own some flagship device of Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG or Motorola or any other manufacturer and your device hasn’t received update to Android 5.0 Lollipop yet, CyanogenMod 12 might be able to save your device a life if its available for your device. Let’s talk a little bit about Samsung for now, Samsung is already done rolling out the update for Galaxy S4, S5, Note 3 & Note 4, but some variants of these devices are missing the update. One of the unlucky variants is the Indian variant of the Galaxy Note 4, that comes labeled as N910G. Samsung has rolled out Lollipop update for almost all variants of the Note 4, but the N910G owners are still drowned in disappointment.
Official CyanogenMod 12 is now available for the Galaxy Note 4 N910F/N910G. Although this is a custom ROM, but it’s worth upgrading to have a taste and feel of Android 5.0.1 Lollipop for the Galaxy Note 4 N910G owners, while N910F users also have the official firmware. In the following post, we are going to install this official CyangenMod 12 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware on our beloved Galaxy Note 4 N910F & N910G. If you’ve been looking for a way to do so, this maybe the chance for you. Let’s go through some quick early preparations and then flash this firmware.
- This custom ROM is only for the Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910G & SM-N910F. Do not try installing it on any other device as it may result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number in settings > general > about device.
- Proceed with the installation only if you’re an Android power user. This ROM is a nightly build, and may not be kept for everyday use. We may not be held responsible if something goes wrong, make sure that you’re doing everything at your own risk.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged, at least 60% in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Your device must have a custom recovery installed first. We recommend TWRP, use our guide to install it right now.
- You need to backup each and everything before you proceed. Use the following links to be on the safe side.
- Follow the instructions carefully.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install CyanogenMod 12 Custom Android 5.0.1 Lollipop On Galaxy Note 4 N910F/G
- Download latest CM-12-ROM.zip file.
- Download Gapps.zip file for Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy the both the .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select cm-12…file.zip > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Gapps.zip file > Yes”
- This will flash the Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download and install Hydrogen OS 3.0 on OnePlus 3/3T - February 20, 2017
- How to install TWRP on HTC U Ultra and Root it - February 20, 2017
- Install Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7 Active SM-G891A - February 19, 2017