In past we have posted some sensational ROMs for HTC Sensation, however, I never thought that this device will receive such major update, in terms of Custom Firmware only, otherwise the last official update received by this device was Android 4.0 ICS. In past this device has received all the Android versions updates via Custom Support, from Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean via Viper S to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat via CM 11 and now CM 12 is available for this device, which is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop. Where most of the flagship devices are still waiting for this ROM, HTC Sensation with such low-end specifications is receiving this update. The bugs and issues in this ROM are same as bugs in any of the CM versions but this ROM will be stable with updates in near future.
The kernel in this ROM is patched with latest versions, with USB On the go support. Now you can transfer data and connect devices using this USB OTG feature. With the OTA centre installed in it, you’ll keep getting the updates for bug fixes and Performance issues. Simply put, this ROM is enough to be a good daily driver. Android 5.0 Lollipop Camera is also ported in it and it works perfectly. If you own a HTC Sensation and looking for something new, this is your chance. However, if you are interested in other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your HTC Sensation by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from HTC but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this. Your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
1. This is only for HTC Sensation!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Root Your device
Follow the Link to root your device: Link
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is HTC in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
CM 12: Link
How to Flash the boot.img:
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Then Download the CM 12 File from the above links.
- Extract the .zip file and in Kernal Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in thr following command: fastboot reboot
How To Install CyanogenMod 12:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder.
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
Into the Recovery:
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Finally Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the CM12.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Go Back and Flash the GoogleApps.zip
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016