CyanogenMod 12.1 based Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is now available for Galaxy E5 E500H. You can follow the method listed in the succeeding guide to install CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Galaxy E5 E500H. Before we head towards the CyanogenMod custom ROM installation guide, we will have a flashback at the Galaxy E5 and also learn a few reasons to install this CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Galaxy E5.
Galaxy E5, Samsung’s mid-ranger first popped up in February, 2015. Galaxy E5 carries a 5-inch 720P display. Samsung used A Quad Core CPU clocked at 1.2 GHz to power this phone up. A RAM of 1.5 GB and internal storage of 16 GB can be found inside. Galaxy E5 sported an 8 MP shooter at the back and 5 MP shooter on the front. The device ran on Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box. The device later on received Android 5.0.2 and Android 5.1.1 Lollipop updates.
Since this guide is about installing a custom Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware, some of you may wonder why should you flash this firmware while there’s an official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop available. The answer is simple, it’s all about getting rid of the bloatware that Samsung puts on its devices. TouchWiz UI has always remained under severe criticism because of being less responsible and heavily bloated. The new CyanogenMod 12.1 will not only give you the clean stock Android experience, but it will also help you to get rid of the bloatware. The ROM doesn’t contain any extra applications that you would hate having on your phone. You can choose the apps to install and make your phone work super-fast. The ROM is found to be working pretty fine, it doesn’t contain any major bugs. Current version is quite stable and can be kept as a daily driver. The instructions listed below will make it a lot easier for you to flash this ROM on your Galaxy E5, but we still do not recommend you to go ahead if you’re a newbie and you do not have an idea how these custom ROM works. We only recommend you to flash this custom ROM if you’re confident enough to handle the device in-case of a mishap. Let’s head towards the pre-installation instructions and then flash Custom Android 5.1.1 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM on your Galaxy E5 E500H.
- This ROM has been found working fine on Galaxy E5 500H. Do not use this rom on any other Android device as using an invalid file may result in bricking it.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid power issues during flashing process.
- Flash TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy E5 E500H using the instructions below..
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, sms messages and media content before proceeding.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup and also backup its EFS partition after you’ve flashed the TWRP recovery.
- Follow this guide carefully to avoid any mishaps and get the process done successfully.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom recoveries, custom ROMs and rooting the Android smartphones at first involves going through a complex process and it includes potential risks. Although the methods listed on our site are pretty much safe to follow, but we do not guarantee a safe result in the end. Just in case you end up bricking your device or getting something wrong done, TechBeasts or the device manufacturer may not be held responsible in that case. Make sure that you’ve read each and everything carefully and you’re proceeding at your own risk.
Install TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy E5 E500H / M
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your computer.
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.10.6
- Download twrp recovery.tar.md5 file
- Make sure that you’ve installed and downloaded the stuff linked above.
- Open Odin3 V3.10.6.exe that you extracted on your PC.
- If there’s OEM Unlock option in your phone, then enable it first. Enable OEM Unlock on your phone. To do so on your phone, go to settings > about device > tap the build number for 7 times to enable developer options. Get back to the settings and open developer options. Under developer options turn on “OEM unlock.“
- Put your Galaxy E5 in download mode now. To do so, turn it off completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Key. Once your phone boots up, press the Volume Up key to continue.
- Connect your phone to your PC now. The ID:COM box in the top-left corner of Odin3 should turn blue. This indicates that your phone is connected properly.
- Now click the “AP” tab in Odin and select the twrp recovery.tar.md5 file that you downloaded. It will take a second or two for Odin3 to load this file.
- Make sure that your Odin3 looks like this. The only option ticked should be F. Reset Time.
- Now you’re all set to flash the recovery. Just click the start button in Odin3 and sit back.
- Once the process box above ID:COM box shows green light and flashing process is finished, disconnect your device.
- Now turn off your device properly as we are going to boot into recovery mode. You can turn it off by keeping the power key pressed for a while.
- Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key. This will boot your device in recovery mode. It should be TWRP recovery that you just installed.
- Once done, reboot your device into system using the reboot option in TWRP recovery.
Install CyangenMod 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Galaxy E5 E500H
- Download CyanogenMod 13.zip file according to your device
- Download Gapps.zip file for Android 5.1.1 Lollipop according to your device.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy all .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select cm-12.1…….zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Gapps.zip file > Yes”
- This will flash the Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12.1 running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to get WhatsApp Video Call feature right now - October 26, 2016
- Top 5 Android Lockscreen Apps 2016-2017 - October 26, 2016
- Download Smile Inc for PC (Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 and Mac) - October 24, 2016