Xperia Z has got a new update based on the build number 10.7.A.0.228. The update is still based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. It comes with some bug fixes. Surprisingly, the Stagefright vulnerability remains unfixed. The update is on the roll and will be hitting all variants of Xperia Z in all regions pretty soon. While you plan to update your Xperia Z to this latest firmware, you may need to root it afterwards. Here’s a guide to install CWM, TWRP recovery and root your Xperia Z running 10.7.A.0.228 firmware.
How To Install CWM/TWRP Recovery and Root Xperia Z 10.7.A.0.228 Firmware
1. Downgrade to .283 Firmware and Root It
Note: If you already have a custom recovery installed on your phone, you may skip downgrading and flash the pre-rooted .228 firmware directly on your phone.
- If you have already updated your smartphone to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, then you have to downgrade your device to KitKat OS and Root it.
- Use this guide to Install .283 firmware.
- Root using this guide.
- Now you have to Install XZ Dual Recovery (Steps below).
- Now phone is rooted, USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Download latest installer for Xperia Z from here. (Z-lockeddualrecovery2.8.xx-RELEASE.installer.zip)
- Connect phone to PC using OEM date cable and run install.bat.
- It will install the custom recovery.
- Now work here is done. Lets move on to next step.
2. Make A Pre-Rooted Flashable Firmware For 10.7.A.0.228 FTF
- Download latest 10.7.A.0.228 FTF using Xperifirm.
- Now create a Pre-Rooted flashable firmware using this guide: How To Create Sony Xperia Pre-Rooted Firmware With PRF Creator.
- Just in case you do not want to create your own pre-rooted FTF, you can also download the ready made pre-rooted firmware using the links attached below.
- C6603 Pre-Rooted 10.7.A.0.228 Firmware Download | For C6602, you can create your own pre-rooted FTF using the guide attached above.
- Now copy the pre-rooted firmware.zip file to the internal or external storage of your Xperia Z.
3. Root and Install Recovery on Z C6603, C6602 5.1.1 10.7.A.0.228 Lollipop Firmware
- Custom recovery was installed in the first step.
- The pre-rooted firmware was created and copied to phone in next step.
- Now you have to turn off phone.
- Turn it on again and press volume up or down to enter either TWRP or CWM recovery.
- Now for TWRP recovery, tap Install > scroll all the way to bottom and select the copied pre-rooted firmware.zip file.
- After selecting the file, swipe finger from left to right on the bottom to flash.
- Once flashed, reboot your device and you will have pre-rooted 10.7.A.0.228 Lollipop firmware.
- For CWM, select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > locate pre-rooted firmware.zip file > select yes to flash.
- Once flashed, reboot your phone and you will have 10.7.A.0.228 rooted Lollipop firmware.
- Now verify root access using an app like Root Checker.
- That’s all.
Stuck with something? Reach us out through the comment box below. We would love to help you out.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017