Sony rolled out a new update for some of its devices including Xperia Z1, Z1C and some others. The new update fixes some minor bugs, some of the applications have been update while the camera’s performance has been improved as well. Latest firmware based on the build number 14.4.A.0.108 and atop, the new firmware is based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Recently we posted a guide to root Xperia Z1 running this latest firmware without unlocking the bootloader of the device, in case you’ve already updated your device to this latest firmware and you’ve already rooted it, you may now want to install a custom recovery as well keeping the bootloader of your device untouched.
GeoHot’s application TowelRoot has done this great job of rooting a number of Android devices without following any hard and fast rules and unlocking the bootloader of any of the Android smartphones (Sony/Carrier Branded). TowelRoot couldn’t root some of the Xperia devices, specifically Xperia Z and Z1 Compact running on the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware, but the application has allowed the developers to gain the root access using the same exploit by some changes here and there, and that has made the root on both these devices possible having regardless of unlocking or having the bootloader locked.
Let’s get back to the topic now. Our concern here is to install ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery on the Xperia Z1 C6902/C6903/C6906/C6943 and Xperia Z1 Compact D5503. Although both these recoveries serve the same purpose, but some users have their own liking towards a specific interface, the only thing in which these differ. TWRP is pretty much simple, UI is user friendly and basically is the touch recovery. Before you get confused with which recovery to go with, XDA dev NUT has compiled up both these recoveries together and hence you can install both these at a same time in your Xperia Z1 and use anyone of these, depends on your choice. Let’s head towards the installation guide and get the recoveries running on your device.
Here are the early preparations:
- This guide is only for Xperia Z1 Compact with .108 firmware and Xperia Z1 .108 firmware
- Supported variants are Xperia Z1C D5503 and Xperia Z1 C6902,C6903,C6906 and C6943.
- Make sure that you’ve install Sony’s USB drivers in order to avoid any connection problems.
- Your Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z1 must be rooted on the latest firmware. Root Xperia Z1 .108 Firwmare | Root Xperia Z1C .108 firmware
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the rooting process.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled on your device. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode > Enable. In case you can’t find the developer options, then go to Settings > About Device > Tap Build Number for 7 Times to enable the developer options.
- Use only on OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and your Phone.
- Allow “Unknown Sources” on your phone. To do so, go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources > Tick.
How to Install CWM/TWRP [Dual Recovery] on your Xperia Z1 and Z1 Compact [Locked/Unlocked BL]
- Make sure that you’ve rooted your device using the guides linked above.
- Download the XZ1/Z1c/-lockeddualrecovery[VERSION]-BETA.installer.zip file carefully for your device.
- Extract the downloaded installer.zip file for your phone, you will get install.bat and install.sh files.
- Connect your Xperia device to your PC now.
- Now open Install.bat if you’re using windows, or install.sh if you’re using MAC.
- Once the command prompt opens up, type “1” and press enter.
- The installation will begin and complete in a while automatically, you just need to follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the recovery is installed, disconnect your phone and turn it off.
- Now turn it on, while you see the Sony logo, press Volume Up key to enter CWM or press Volume Down to enter TWRP.
- That’s all. You’ve install Dual Recovery successfully on your Xperia Z1 or Xperia Z1 Compact running Android 4.4.4 KitKat 14.4.A.0.108 firmware.
That’s all. In case you’ve got any queries or you’re stuck with something regarding this post, feel free to stop by comment box and drop your words. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016