Samsung’s Galaxy Grand Duos (GT-I9082) sports 5-inch Super AMOLED display having 187 ppi and resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. The device is powered up with a Cortex A-9 Dual Core chipset clocked at 1.2 GHz and a RAM of 1GB is also placed under the hood. The device is good to play with when it comes to root required applications and installing custom roms and flashing mods. So, if you are looking to do so, you’ve spotted the right page. We’ll learn today how we can gain root access on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT -I9082 running on Android 4.1.2 or Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Verified by myself – this method works flawlessly!
Before we begin, I would like you guys to take some precautions.
While rooting your phone, please keep it in mind that the Root Process isn’t official and has nothing to deal with Google Inc and the device manufacturer, which is Samsung in our case. Follow the guide carefully to prevent any damages to the device as the method is completely custom.
Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to backup all your important data. Also make sure that you use the original data cable to connect to your PC, other cable will cause problems.
Things you need to download:
- Download Odin PC and install it. – Get it Here
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers – Get Here
- Download the Philz Advanced Touch Recovery.tar.md5 file – Get it Here.
- For installing CM 12, ignore the above CWM and download this one: recovery-20141213-odin.tar
- Download the SuperSu.zip file – Get it Here.
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy Grand:
- Boot your phone in the Download mode. In order to do so turn it off by pressing and holding the power key or by pulling out the battery for 30 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously. You should see a warning now, press Volume Up to continue.
- Your phone is in download mode now.
- Open ODIN, connect your phone to your PC using the original data cable which came inside the box.
- The ID:COM box in the top left corner should turn blue or yellow depending upon your ODIN version now.
- Select the PDA tab and select the downloaded Philz Touch Recovery.tar.md5 or the CWM recovery.tar file here. Make sure that the selections in your ODIN are exactly as shown below.
- Click start, it should take a few seconds while your phone restarts, as soon as it shows the ”PASS” status remove your phone from the PC and pull out the battery for a few seconds. Put it back and now turn it in booting into the recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key.
- And you have the CWM recovery installed on your Galaxy Grand Duos!
Now here’s how you can root your Galaxy Grand Duos:
- Place the downloaded SuperSu.zip.
- Now boot your phone into the recovery mode. In order to do so, press and hold the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously. Your phone should now boot into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode select “Install Zip>Install Zip from Sdcard”, and select the placed SuperSu.zip file and select yes after it.
- That’s all, it will take a very short time to flash SuperSu. After the process is done, reboot your device and find SuperSu installed in App Drawer.
Now wondering what to do with your rooted phone?
Here’s the answer for you!
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms.
How to keep Root after OTA Updates
The OTA updates rolled out by the manufacturers wipe the root access on your phone. In case you don’t know how you can restore the root access after OTA update, you’ll have to root your phone once again, but there is no need to do it as you can restore it using the OTA Rootkeeper App which is available in the Google Play Store. The app creates backup of your root and simply restores it after any OTA update.
That’s all. We hope that you find our guide helpful and easy to use. In case you got any problems, feel free to leave us a comment, we will try our best to sort it out. Thank You All!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Soul Knight for PC (Windows and Mac) - February 26, 2017
- Download LG G6 Stock Wallpapers - February 26, 2017
- How to logout of Facebook Messenger on Android and iPhone - February 25, 2017