Planning to get your hands on the unique Samsung Galaxy Note Edge? Well, if you’re going to do so, you won’t be able to sit back being relax and stop yourself from unleashing the true power of your latest beast. The specifications of the Galaxy Note Edge make it a great device to play with, out of the boundaries set by Samsung. On the front a 5.7″ QHD display with 524 ppi can be found. A 16 MP camera shooter is fixed on the back while a 3.7 MP on the front. Samsung used Qualcomm’s Sanpdragon 805 SoC to clocked at 2.7 GHz to power this device up, Adreno 420 GPU can be found accompanying this CPU. A RAM of 3 GB is there and the internal storage begins from 32 GB. The device can be found running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box.
That was a little intro to the device. Let’s get back to what we are here for now. The development stuff has started landing in for the Galaxy Note Edge. XDA senior member Chenglu has successfully compiled up the ClockworkMod recovery for our beloved device and it’s available for almost all the variants. In case you’re planning to tweak your device and flash some custom stuff on it, you may want to install a custom recovery first, for that you may follow the on-going guide as we will be installing CWM 220.127.116.11 on our beloved Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N9150, N9150F, N9150G & N9150T. Let’s go through some early preparations and then install this recovery.
1.This guide is intended for the Galaxy Note Edge users having the model number SM-N9150,SM-N915P, SM-N915S, SM-N915K, N915F, N915G or N915T only. In case you don’t have the device listed here, do not proceed. Using the files and method listed here will result in bricking it. You can check your device’s model number in Settings > General > About device.
2. Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. In case your phone goes dead during the flashing process, it might result in bricking it. Charge your device before you proceed.
3. Always use OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and your computer. Using third party data cables might cause connection issues.
4.While using Odin3, turn off Samsung Kies, Windows Firewall and any Antivirus software if you’re using.
5. It is always recommended to backup your important data before you flash anything on your device. You may backup using the following guides on our site.
6. Follow the guidelines carefully. In case of a mishap, we may not be held responsible.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. The Galaxy Note 4 comes with Knox, so rooting will also trip the Knox counter and you won’t be eligible to claim the warranty anyway. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Files you need to download and install
- Download & install Samsung USB drivers.
- Download & extract Odin3 v3.09
- Download N915X-cwm-recovery-18.104.22.168(1205).tar file for your Galaxy Note Edge carefully
Here’s how to install CWM 22.214.171.124 recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note Edge N9150/F/G/T/S/K/P
- Make sure that you’ve already followed the guidelines explained above.
- Now open Odin3 v.309.exe file from the folder you extracted.
- Put your Galaxy Note Edge in download mode now. To do so, turn it off completely first of all. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Key + Power Button. You will see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. Just in case this method isn’t working for you, you may find a method in our guide on how to boot into recovery and download mode on Samsung Galaxy devices.
- Once in download mode, connect your Note Edge to your PC now.
- The ID:COM box in Odin3 should turn blue once it has detected your phone.
- Now click on “AP” tab in Odin3. If you’re using Odin3 v3.07, you will click on PDA tab. The only options selected in Odin should be Auto reboot and f.reset, you may follow the picture shown below.
- Once a pop up opens up, select the recovery.tar file that you downloaded above for your variant.
- Once the file has been loaded, click on Start button in Odin3. It will start flashing the file and finish quickly.
- Once your phone reboots, unplug it.
- You can boot into CWM recovery mode now using the method explained in step 3, but this time in the three button combination, you will press Volume Up key instead of Volume Down key.
You may want to root your device now by flashing SuperSu now. As it’s pretty easy, here’s how to do it.
- Download SuperSu.zip file.
- Copy the SuperSu.zip file to the internal storage of your Note Edge.
- Boot your Note Edge into the recovery mode.
- Select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > locate SuperSu.zip > Yes” and flash it.
- Reboot your device and find SuperSu installed in app drawer.
- Your device is rooted now. You may install Root Checker application to verify root now.
That’s all. If you’re stuck with anything regarding this guide, feel free to reach us through the comment box below. We would love to help you out.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016