Alcatel One Touch M’Pop 5020 is a low end Android device and is a good choice for those who can’t afford a high end device from the tech giants like Samsung, HTC, Sony or others. One Touch M’Pop also known as Acatel OT 5020D, 5020E or 5020W sports a nice 4.0 inches touch screen with a pixel resolution of 480 x 800 and 233 ppi. Internal memory is 4 GB but there is a microSD card slot as well while the two variants of the device have a RAM of 512 MB and 5020W has a 1GB RAM. Alcatel has used Mediatek MT6575 Cortex A-9 1GHz CPU to power up the device. Primary cam is ranged at 5 MP and there is a VGA cam on the front as well for video calling. What ads icing to the cake is, Alcatel has embed Android 4.1 Jelly Bean atop of these nice features. Overall it becomes a great package with these specs in such a small price.
Let’s get back to the topic now. As this is an Android device, so it may be easy for the users to go beyond the boundaries and tweak the device according to their likings. But, to do so, you will need a custom recovery that will allow you to root your device, flash mods, flash ROMs, create nandroid backups and a lot more. So, to make it more easy for you we are going to have a look on a method to install ClockworkMod Recovery on Alcatel One Touch M’Pop 5020D/E/W. Move a little forward with us and get it installed on your device.
Here are some important instructions and pre-requisites before you head towards the recovery installation procedure:
- This guide is only for Samsung Alcatel One Touch M’Pop 5020D/E/W. Check your device’s model number in Settings > More > About Device.
- Download the file carefully for your device.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is charged over at least 60%. Highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the recovery installation process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
Download the Recovery for your device:
How to Install CWM Recovery on your device:
- Once downloaded the recovery.img file, connect your Alcatel One Touch M’Pop to your PC and copy the downloaded recovery.img file to your phone.
- Disconnect your phone and turn it off now in order to boot into recovery mode.
- Turn on your phone while pressing and holding Power + Volume Up keys, you should see the recovery menu now. You can use Volume Up and Down and Power Keys to navigate and make selections through the recovery menu.
- In recovery mode select “Install Zip > Navigate to the recovery.img file” that you copied to your phone’s SD card.
- Select “Start / Yes” to flash the recovery.
- Once flashing is finished, reboot your device.
- Reboot your device in recovery mode using step 3, you should see the CWM Recovery now.
- Phewww! That’s All. You’ve installed CWM Recovery on your device now, move a little forward and know more about the custom recovery.
- If you wish to flash your stock recovery back, you can flash factory_NON_modified_recovery_Alcatel_5020X.img file using the same steps explained above to flash the custom reocvery.
Advantages of a Custom Recovery:
A custom recovery allows you to install custom roms, mods etc. Along with these, you can make a Nandroid backup, this helps you a lot as you can move back to the previous working state of your phone at any time you want if you have backed up your current system. In some cases, to root the phone you need to flash SuperSu.zip file in the custom recovery, having installed the recovery may help you while in some cases to install the recovery easily, you need to have the phone rooted. You can also wipe cache and dalvik cache of your phone using a custom recovery.
You may wish to root your phone now, checkout How to Root Alcatel One Touch M’Pop 5020D/E/W
That’s All. In case you got any queries or face any difficulties regarding this post, please feel free to leave us your words through the comment box below. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks All.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Stock Wallpapers - March 29, 2017
- List of Samsung Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8 Plus Model Numbers - March 29, 2017
- T-Mobile goes underwater to welcome the Galaxy S8 with Sharks - March 29, 2017