Almost all the OEMs believed that a device should remain unlocked and only the official at the company knows how to unlock it. But that is not what happens in the Android world. At the XDA developers, everyone is engaged in bypassing the restrictions implied on the device by the company, simply by rooting it and flash un-singed zip files to enhance the device performance. Installing different tweaks required some sort of security bypass, no matter which Android device or Tablet you are using. In our case it is Sony Xpria Z2 SGP51.
On the other hand, after rooting the device installing a Custom Recovery is a must step. Without a custom recovery, a rooted device is incomplete. Stock recovery is good but, it can’t install unsigned zip files and if your device is not responding, factory reset using stock recovery can cause all the data loss including media, but a custom recovery saves all the media files and almost all the information required. Rooting allows you to get full control over your device, Stock apps and mods are good, but installing Custom Mods gives you better support and great battery life, you might need to delete some Stock apps from the device, a non-rooted device can’t do that, but a rooted one has the power to remove stock apps too.
In this Article, we will show you How To Install CWM Recovery and Root Sony Xperia Z2 SGP51.But before we begin, Make sure that:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is SGP51x
- Do-not try this tutorial on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Sony Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Sony in our case. In the case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Download CWM Recovery: Link
Download Super SU: Link
How To Install CWM Recovery On Sony Xperia Z2
- Download and Extract the z2_tab_files.zip Package.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Connect your Device with PC.
- Enter adb reboot bootloader and press Enter, now your device is in Fastboot/Bootloader Mode
- Now Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img to flash the CWM Recovery on your device
- Type fastboot reboot, to reboot your device
- After a proper reboot, your device will be running CWM Recovery
How To Root Sony Xperia Z2
- Download and Copy the Super Su to the Root of your Sdcard.
- Connect your Device to PC
- In Command Window, type: adb reboot recovery, to boot your device in recovery mode
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Super SU.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
That’s it your Sony Xperia ZL Z2 SGP51 has been Rooted On Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat.Download any Root Checker app or See Super SU in app Drawer to Verify root access.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016