Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini’s dual SIM variant came out around July, 2013. The device sported nothing different from its siblings except for its dual SIM slots. While the device has been there for quite a long time now, its development has also started and there are custom ROMs, Mods and tweaks that you may apply to your device and enjoy the open nature of Android. The very basic thing you may require to go beyond the walls is a custom recovery. ClockworkMod 126.96.36.199 is available for the Galaxy S4 Mini Dual GT-I9192 now, you may install this recovery and root your device. Wondering how? well, follow us.
As you scroll down, you will find a detail and comprehensive guide to install CWM 188.8.131.52 recovery on your Galaxy S4 Mini Dual GT-I9192 and also how you can root it. Before we head towards the cwm and root instructions, I’m assuming that not all of you are familiar with a custom recovery and the root access. To make the things clear, we will go through a brief intro of the root access and a custom recovery.
Custom Recovery [ClockworkMod]:
A custom recovery allows you to install custom roms, mods etc. Along with these, you can make a Nandroid backup, this helps you a lot as you can move back to the previous working state of your phone at any time you want if you have backed up your current system. In some cases, to root the phone you need to flash SuperSu.zip file in the custom recovery, having installed the recovery may help you while in some cases to install the recovery easily, you need to have the phone rooted. You can also wipe cache and dalvik cache of your phone using a custom recovery
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and flashing custom recoveries and custom ROMs. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed he custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Here are the pre-installation instructions:
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190, GT-I9192, GT-I9195. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model number in Settings > General > About Device.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
- Alright! Go ahead, follow this guide to the letter.
|Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs, recoveries and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Also, if your device comes with Knox Security, you will result in voiding it after you root your device and the Knox counter cannot be reset. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.|
How Install CWM 184.108.40.206 Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Dual:
Files you need to download:
- Download and extract Odin PC – Get it here
- Download and Samsung USB Drivers – Get here
- Download and extract the ClockworkMod-Recovery.tar.zip file, you will get a .tar.md5 file.
- Open Odin3.exe from the extracted folder.
- Put your Galaxy S4 Mini Dual I9192 in download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power key at the same time, you should get a screen showing a warning and asking to continue, press Volume Up to continue. If this method doesn’t work, try one from this guide.
- Now your phone should be in downloading mode. Connect your phone to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone the ID:COM box will turn light blue.
- Click on the PDA tab and select the Recovery.tar.md5 file that you downloaded.
- In case you’re using Odin v3.09, you will put the .tar.md5 file in the “AP” tab, rest of the settings should remain untouched in Odin v3.09 as well.
- Your Odin screen should look like exactly as shown below.
- Click Start and the flashing process should start showing you a process bar in the first box above ID:COM.
- Congratulations you have successfully install CWM recovery on your Galaxy S4 Mini Dual.
Don’t forget to create a Nandroid Backup once you’ve installed CWM recovery.
How to Root:
- You need to install CWM recovery first using the above instructions.
- Download S4 Mini Rootkit v2.zip file now.
- Place the downloaded Supersu.zip file on your phone’s external sd card.
- Now boot into CWM recovery on your phone.
- Once in CWM, select “Install Zip > Choose Zip from SDcard > Select S4 Mini RootKit v2.zip > Yes”.
- This will flash SuperSu.zip file, once flashing is complete, reboot your device.
- Congrats! You’re rooted now!
That’s all. In case you got any queries or facing any problems regarding this post, feel free to stop by the comment box below and reach us. We will respond you as soon as possible. Thanks all.