Xperia V has received a new software update with the build number 9.2.A.2.5. If you’ve already updated your device to this latest firmware and now you’re looking out to tweak your device, you probably will need a custom recovery. Before you start looking for it, we’ve found it and explained the method to install in the following post. Scroll down and learn how you can install CWM 6 recovery on your Sony Xperia V LT25i running latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based on the build number 9.2.A.2.5 keeping the bootloader locked.. You just need to make sure that you follow this guide being careful in order to get it done successfully.\
Here are the early preparations:
- This guide is only for SonyXperia V LT25i running latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2.A.2.5 firmware.
- Your device must be rooted, root Xperia V LT25i running 9.2.A.2.5 Firmware.
- This guide will work for Sony Xperia V LT25i having locked bootlader, you don’t need to follow and complex methods.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the rooting process.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled on your device. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode > Enable. In case you can’t find the developer options, then go to Settings > About Device > Tap Build Number for 7 Times to enable the developer options.
- Use only on OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and your Phone.
- Allow “Unknown Sources” on your phone. To do so, go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources > Tick.
How To Install CWM 6 Recovery on Xperia V LT25i Running 9.2.A.2.5 Firmware – Locked Bootloader:
- Download Flash Gordon Applicatoin APK file
- Download Philz CWM 220.127.116.11.zip file.
- Connect your Xperia V LT25i to your PC now.
- Copy the Flash Gordon APK file and CWM Recovery.zip file to your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and locate the Flash Gordon App APK file on your phone.
- Tap the APK and proceed/complete the installation.
- Once installed, locate the Flash Gordon App from the app drawer and tap it to launch.
- Allow root access to Flash Gordon Application.
- Once Flash Gordon opens up, tap “Select Zip > Locate the Recovery.zip file and flash it.”
- Do not reboot your device using the Flash Gordon application, once the installation is done, reboot your device manually.
- You can now boot into the CWM recovery that you just installed. To do so, turn off your device completely first. Now turn it on, as soon as you see the Sony logo, press volume up key in order to get into the recovery mode.
- That’s all with the recovery installation on Sony Xperia V LT25i running 9.2.A.2.5 Firmware keeping the Bootloader Locked.
That’s all. In case you have any queries, stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will catch you up immediately. Thank you all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to wipe cache partition of Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus - March 30, 2017
- How to factory reset Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus - March 30, 2017
- How to take screenshot on Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus - March 30, 2017