Sony rolled out a secret update to for its Xperia TX LT29i, based on the build number 9.2.A.1.295 while the OS remains the same as Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. We’ve called this update secret as Sony hasn’t mentioned it on its site yet, and the update has been received by a few users in Hongkong only, but we believe that Sony will soon roll out this update globally. So, in case you’re the lucky user to receive the latest and enhanced version of Android for your device or you’ve manually updated your device to this latest firmware and now you’re looking for a compatible custom recovery with your Xperia TX, you may have spotted the right place.
While looking going through XDA developers forum, I came across CWM 6 recovery for Sony Xperia TX, compatible with the latest firmware 9.2.A.1.295, and whats cool about this recovery is, you can install it keeping your phone’s bootloader safe and secure. You do not need to unlock it and follow any traditional recovery installation guide. I’ve compiled the guide, and explained it right here. All you need to do for now is to follow this carefully and get it done successfully.
Here are the early preparations:
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia TX LT29i running latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2.A.1.215 firmware.
- Your device must be rooted, root Xperia TX LT29i running 9.2.A.1.215 Firmware.
- This guide will work for Sony Xperia TX LT29i having locked bootlader, you don’t need to follow and complex methods.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the rooting process.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled on your device. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode > Enable. In case you can’t find the developer options, then go to Settings > About Device > Tap Build Number for 7 Times to enable the developer options.
- Use only on OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and your Phone.
- Allow “Unknown Sources” on your phone. To do so, go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources > Tick.
How To Install CWM 6 Recovery on Sony Xperia TX LT29i Running 9.2.A.1.215 Firmware – Locked Bootloader:
- Download Flash Gordon Applicatoin APK file
- Download Philz CWM 126.96.36.199.zip file.
- Connect your Sony Xperia TX LT29i to your PC now.
- Copy the Flash Gordon APK file and CWM Recovery.zip file to your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and locate the Flash Gordon App APK file on your phone.
- Tap the APK and proceed/complete the installation.
- Once installed, locate the Flash Gordon App from the app drawer and tap it to launch.
- Allow root access to Flash Gordon Application.
- Once Flash Gordon opens up, tap “Select Zip > Locate the Recovery.zip file and flash it.”
- Do not reboot your device using the Flash Gordon application, once the installation is done, reboot your device manually.
- You can now boot into the CWM recovery that you just installed. To do so, turn off your device completely first. Now turn it on, as soon as you see the Sony logo, press volume up key in order to get into the recovery mode.
- That’s all with the recovery installation on Sony Xperia TX LT29i keeping the Bootloader Locked.
That’s all. In case you have any queries, stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will catch you up immediately. Thank you all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017