Another mid-range Galaxy device by world’s top smartphone manufacturer Samsung, the Galaxy Core sports a very nice 4.3 inches TFT Capacitive touch screen display with 217 ppi. To power up the device, Samsung has used a Qualcomm Snapdragon Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A5 Chipset accompanied by Adreno 203 GPU while the RAM is ranged at 1 GB. At the back Samsung has used a 5 MP camera sensor while there is a VGA camera on the front for video calling. A battery of 1800 mAh is there to add life to the Galaxy Core. Galaxy Core runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean out of the box, the device is widely used because of it’s low price and the specs it has to offer in this price range and also it’s other Dual Sim variant has won some pockets as well.
That’s enough talking about the phone I guess, let’s get back to the topic now. Galaxy Core owners can also go beyond the boundaries on their device, doesn’t matter if it’s a low-end device but still it runs on Android and there is no cage on Android. You are free to do whatever tweaks you want to make to your device. To perform these out of boundaries operations, you probably will need a custom recovery. To overcome this need, we’ll be installing ClockworkMod 6 recovery on the Galaxy Core I8260 and I8262 (Dual SIM) in a few minutes. All you need to do is, move ahead and follow each and every step carefully. Before we proceed with the instructions, I’m assuming that some of you might be first timers and have no idea about what is a custom recovery and why you should install it. To make it clear, we will first have a look on a brief introduction of custom recovery, that is CWM 6 in our case.
A custom recovery allows you to install custom roms, mods etc. Along with these, you can make a Nandroid backup, this helps you a lot as you can move back to the previous working state of your phone at any time you want if you have backed up your current system. In some cases, to root the phone you need to flash SuperSu.zip file in the custom recovery, having installed the recovery may help you while in some cases to install the recovery easily, you need to have the phone rooted. You can also wipe cache and dalvik cache of your phone using a custom recovery. One of the advantages is mounting the sdcards, this option is handy when you want to access your device’s internal memory while you’re in recovery mode.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Core I8260 and I8262. Check your device’s model number in Settings > More > About Device.
- Download the file carefully for your device.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is charged over at least 60%. Highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the recovery installation process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
- Make sure that your laptop has enough battery charged to perform the operations, if you’re using a PC then make sure that it has appropriate power supply.
- Recovery works well for Galaxy Note 3 running on all Android versions, no need to worry about the Android version.
- Follow the installation instructions carefully, proceed only if you’ve read properly.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Pre – Requisites:
How To Install CWM 6 on Galaxy Core I8260/I8262:
- Download the file for your variant carefully.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your phone in download mode, to do so, turn it off completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key, you should see a warning now, press Volume Up to continue.
- In case the download mode method doesn’t work for your device, try one of the methods from this guide.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- The ID:COM box in Odin should turn blue now, that means your phone is connected properly in download mode.
- Click the PDA tab in Odin and select the downloaded Recovery.tar file and let it load. Your Odin should look exactly as shown below, make sure that no extra options are selected.
- Hit start now and sit back, it will take a few seconds to flash the recovery and your device will reboot.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key to access the CWM 6 Recovery that you just installed.
- You can backup your current ROM and do a lot of other things using the options in CWM 6 Recovery.
- That’s All.
In case you got any queries or you are facing any difficulties regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and drop us your words. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks All!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016