The official Release of Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat for Xperia SP will take a lot of months before its release, till then if you want to enjoy Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat on your device, the best option is to go to the Start of all the Custom ROMs. CM 11 is available for Sony Xperia SP, the most stable version yet. CM 11 is based completely on Android 4.4.2 with a lot of Customization and mods especially the Theme Engine. If you own an Xperia SP and it is rooted, do try this ROM on it OR If you are interested in other ROMs, you can visit our Custom ROM section Or You can update your Sony Xperia SP to CM11 Android 4.4.2 by following our Tutorial.This is not an official release from Sony, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install it and also your device must be rooted.
But why would anyone goes for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some wants looks, some wants features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Install CM11 Custom ROM On Sony Xperia SP.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged battery.
- Back-up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Sony in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest Custom Recovery must be installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Sony Xperia SP.
All read and Ready, let’s head towards the next page to see How to install this ROM on your Sony Xperia SP.
Pages: Page 1 | Page 2
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016