Despite that Sony released the list of Smartphones, who will received the Update of Android 4.4 Kit-Kat, yet the OTA will start rolling until February 2014. It is unclear that Sony Xperia Sola will get the Update of Android 4.4 or not. So, if you are tired of waiting, you can try the alternate Solution, install a Custom ROM based on Android 4.4 Kit-Kat. Since this is a Custom ROM, you will need to make some preparations before going to the tutorial. This ROM requires Root access, which voids your warranty, but in any case, which one on us claims warranty anyway.
In this Article, we will show you How To Install CM 11 Android 4.4 Kit-Kat On Xperia Sola.But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Sony in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest TWRP or CWM Recovery must be installed on it.
- Make Sure that USB Cable is not Connected With PC While The Installation in Process.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Sony Xperia Sola.
How To Install CM 11 Android 4.4 Kit-Kat On Xperia Sola.
- Download Android 4.4 CM11 ROM and Google Apps for Sony Xperia Sola to your computer.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your tablet.
CWM Recovery Users.
- Turn off your phone and open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold Volume Downs+ Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then finally select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Android 4.4 file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Wait for the process to over, now Choose Google Apps instead of Android 4.4, to install Google Apps.
- Navigate to ‘++++++++Go Back‘ to return to previous screen.
- Then select “reboot system now’ to reboot your device.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select System, Data and Cache.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Android 4.4 and Google Apps, Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Finally Tap Reboot and then System.
Voila! your Sony Xperia Sola has been updated to Android 4.4 Kit-Kat CyanogenMod Custom Firmware , Wait for at least 5-minutes for the first run.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016