Earlier, we posted the CWM recovery and root guide for the Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 on our site, but a number of users reported compatibility issues. Latest version of the CWM recovery, packed inside well known philz advanced edition is available now and should resolve all the compatibility issues. We are going to install this CWM 6 on the Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 in the post below, if you’ve been looking for CWM recovery, all you need is, follow this guide carefully. Before we move towards the installation instructions, I’ll assume that some of the users are not familiar with the custom recovery and don’t know why they should install it on their Android device. To remove any confusions, we will first go through a brief introduction of the recovery and then proceed with the method.
A custom recovery allows you to install custom roms, mods etc. Along with these, you can make a Nandroid backup, this helps you a lot as you can move back to the previous working state of your phone at any time you want if you have backed up your current system. In some cases, to root the phone you need to flash SuperSu.zip file in the custom recovery, having installed the recovery may help you while in some cases to install the recovery easily, you need to have the phone rooted. You can also wipe cache and dalvik cache of your phone using a custom recovery.
Here are the pre-installation instructions:
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model number in Settings > General > About Device.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
- Your device must be running Android 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- Alright! Go ahead, follow this guide to the letter and get it done successfully.
|Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs, recoveries and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Also, if your device comes with Knox Security, you will result in voiding it after you root your device and the Knox counter cannot be reset. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.|
How Install CWM 6 Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos:
Files you need to download:
- Download and extract Odin PC – Get it here
- Download and Samsung USB Drivers – Get here
- Download CWM Recovery.tar file |
- For flashing Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Resurrection Remix, download and flash this recovery instead: TWRP TWRP 22.214.171.124
- To flash Marshmallow AOSP ROM, download this recovery: recovery-20141213-odin.tar
- Open Odin3.exe from the extracted folder.
- Put your Galaxy Grand Duos in download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power key at the same time, you should get a screen showing a warning and asking to continue, press Volume Up to continue.
- Now your phone should be in downloading mode. Connect your phone to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone the ID:COM box will turn light blue.
- Click on the PDA tab and select the Recovery.zip.tar or recovery-odin.tar file that you downloaded.
- In case you’re using Odin v3.09, you will put the .tar.md5 file in the “AP” tab, rest of the settings should remain untouched in Odin v3.09 as well.
- Your Odin screen should look like exactly as shown below.
- Click Start and the flashing process should start showing you a process bar in the first box above ID:COM.
- Congratulations you have successfully install CWM recovery on your Galaxy Grand Duos.
CWM 126.96.36.199 is also available for the device, if you wish to update the recovery, follow these few steps:
If you have flashed recovery for Marshmallow using the recovery-odin.tar file, do not flash this file.
- Download CWM 188.8.131.52 Recovery.zip file
- Copy the downloaded Recovery.zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Boot into CWM recovery on your Galaxy Grand. To do so, turn off your device, now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key, you should be able to see the CWM recovery that you just installed.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SDcard > Locate the Recovery.zip file > Yes”.
- Proceed and complete the installation. Once done, reboot your device.
- Boot into the recovery mode to check the latest version. [Step 3].
- That’s all.
Don’t forget to create a Nandroid Backup once you’ve installed CWM recovery.
How to Root:
- You need to install CWM recovery first using the above instructions.
- Download Supersu.zip file now.
- Place the downloaded Supersu.zip file on your phone’s external sd card.
- Now boot into CWM recovery on your phone.
- Once in CWM, select “Install Zip > Choose Zip from SDcard > Select SuperSu.zip > Yes”.
- This will flash SuperSu.zip file, once flashing is complete, reboot your device.
- Congrats! You’re rooted now!
Check out the best 10 root apps.
That’s all. In case you got any queries or facing any problems regarding this post, feel free to stop by the comment box below and reach us. We will respond you as soon as possible. Thanks all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016