C-ROM v6.0 is a well customized ROM for Nexus 4, C-ROM has been updated to version 6.0, which has brought a lot of new features and bug fixes, some of the main features are PIE controls, Halo, Floating Window, Dark Theme, Active Display, Gesture anywhere, on-the-go mode, lock screen notifications, animation controls and much more, you will also find the list of Features further in the post. It is available for most of the Flagship devices, and as much as I know, Nexus 4 was a Flagship device, so simply means, C-ROM is available for Nexus 4 too. Since Nexus 4 is capable to run Android 4.4.2 smoothly, you won’t be having any sort of problem running C-ROM on your device.
Android 4.4 Kit-Kat offers many good features, you get to enjoy video recording, Google Waller is there for you just Tap and Pay, 14% less memory usage, NFC emulation, Cloud printing and the best Google Home Launcher. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your LG Nexus 4 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from LG/Google, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.
But why would anyone goes for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some want performance and some wants speed, some want looks, some want features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Install C-ROM v6.0 Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat On LG Nexus 4. But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is LG Nexus 4 (Mako)
- Do-not try it on LG Nexus 5 (hammerhead)
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Nexus Devices: Link
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked
- Root Your Device: How To Root Nexus 4
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is LG in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Features Of C-ROM V6.0:
- Bluetooth Headset FC seems to fixed
- Add Trebuchet Instead Launcher3
- Add Back Halo Icon
- Add Back Stock Recent
- Add blacklist provider permission
- Add Support Mock SMS
- SysUI: Use LocationController from status bar service for GPSTile
- Fixed Battery Saver Tile
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install C-ROM V6.0 On LG Nexus 4. But let me remind you again ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery for the Device is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device Upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything.
How To Install It
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down+ Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the C-ROM 6.0.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Go back and Flash Google Apps
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the C-ROM 6.0.zip and Google Apps , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
That’s it, After a Successful reboot, your LG Nexus 4 will be running Android 4.4.2 C-ROM v6.0 Kit-Kat. Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016