C-ROM is the most stable compilation of all the best features of most of the very best ROMs available for any device. C-ROM contains PIE controls, Halo, Floating Window, Dark Theme, Active Display, Gesture anywhere, on-the-go mode, lock screen notifications, animation controls and much more, you will find the list of Features further in the post. C-ROM is available for all the Flagship device, as like any other ROM, and also available for their Carrier bound devices. C-ROM is available for AT&T HTC One and you can install it like any other Custom ROM. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section Or you can install this ROM on your AT&T HTC One by following our tutorial below.This is not an official release from HTC, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install it and also your device must be rooted.
But why would anyone goes for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some want looks, some want features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Install C-ROM V5.9 Android 4.4.2 On AT&T HTC One.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is HTC One M7
- Do-not try it on HTC One M8
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For HTC Devices: Link
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked: How To Unlock Bootloader of HTC Devices
- Root Your Device: Root and Install CWM Recovery on At&t HTC One
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Features Of C-ROM V5.9:
- ART Fixed
- New Performance Control Instead CM Performance Options.
- Battery Saver Mode From Omni.
- New Bootanimations by PartimusPrime
- FixedBattery Stats Always Awake
- Removed HALO Icon From Statusbar
- Base: Floating window with multitasking
- Implement App circle sidebar
- App Circle sidebar (add support floating window)
- App Circle sidebar (add support Samsung multiwindow flags)
- SystemUI: allow hiding notification icons
- Revert “Reimplement PowerSaverManager !” & Revert “Suspend Actions” (seems to eating battery not saving lol.)
- Revert “TeloRadio”
- Slim IME settings
- Add SmartCover stubs
- Base: fix MultiSelectListPreference NPE
- base: Fix screen on stats after a boot
- Separate Change Encryption Password Entry
- Add dock battery support.
- Changed PacBusyDialog C-RoM Logo
- Changed C-Tool Icon by 972style
- Revert “SMS Breath”
- Fix Floating window bug
- msm8960: Remove duplicate audio firmware type
- hammerhead: Make SYSTEM owner of cpu online files
- Gallery2 – Add 6.2Mp resolution set
- Gallery2: Handled seek to previous frame in case of video trim
- Camera: Fix out-of-order operations while setting up the editor
- Camera2: if camera HAL does not return valid picture formats do not show wrong defaults
- Implement SMS mark for unread
- jflte: assert: add jflterefreshspr
- jflte: Add missing Permissions for Step Sensor
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install C-ROM V5.9 On AT&T HTC One. But let me remind you again ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery for the Device is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device Upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything.
How To Install It.
- Download C-ROM V5.9 ROM and Google Apps from the Above link
- Extract the C-ROM V5.9.zip file and either in Kernal Folder or in the Main Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Now copy and paste the Zip files to the root of your SD card.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Then re-insert the battery and enter Bootloader mode. How? Press and hold Power + Volume Down button till you see some text on screen, From bootloader select Recovery.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the file C-ROM V5.9.zip and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Go back and Flash Google Apps
- Once both files are flashed, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the C-ROM V5.9.zip and Google Apps select it , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System..
Voila that’s it you AT&T HTC One is now upgraded to C-ROM V5.9 Android 4.4.2 Custom ROM, to check Go-to settings> About > Software Version
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016