There are many ROMs available for Galaxy S4 I9505, this LTE device is the fastest among all the Galaxy S4 variants, if you explore the Web you’ll realize that Galaxy S4 I9505 in terms of custom ROMs is the most famous among users, yet there is no ROM that is stable and gives you some unique looks. So, here we are with another C-ROM release for Samsung Flagship device. C-ROM is the most stable compilation of all the best features of most of the very best ROMs available for any device. Custom ROMs based on Android 4.4.2 are available for almost all the devices, which have received the update of Android Jelly Bean as their last update and even for some Android 4.0.4 devices too.
C-ROM contains PIE controls, Halo, Floating Window, Dark Theme, Active Display, Gesture anywhere, on-the-go mode, lock screen notifications, animation controls and much more , on the other hand Android 4.4 Kit-Kat offers many good features, you get to enjoy video recording, Google Wallet is there for you just Tap and Pay, 14% less memory usage, NFC emulation, Cloud printing and the best Google Home Launcher. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Galaxy S4 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Samsung, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.
But why would anyone go for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all, some want performance and some want speed, some want looks, some want features. Putting them altogether in one ROM can cause a Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM is basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Android 4.4.2 C-ROM On Galaxy S4 LTE .But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is GT-I9505.
- Do-not try it on any Galaxy S4 carrier bound variant.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is SAMSUNG in our case. In a case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Features Of C-ROM V5.5:
- ART Fixed
- New Performance Control Instead CM Performance Options.
- Battery Saver Mode From Omni.
- New Boot animations by PartimusPrime
- FixedBattery Stats Always Awake
- Removed HALO Icon From Statusbar
- Base: Floating window with multitasking
- Implement App circle sidebar
- App Circle sidebar (add support floating window)
- App Circle sidebar (add support Samsung multiwindow flags)
- SystemUI: allow hiding notification icons
- Revert “Reimplement PowerSaverManager !” & Revert “Suspend Actions” (seems to eating battery not saving lol.)
- Revert “TeloRadio”
- Slim IME settings
- Add SmartCover stubs
- Base: fix MultiSelectListPreference NPE
- base: Fix screen on stats after a boot
- Separate Change Encryption Password Entry
- Add dock battery support.
- Changed PacBusyDialog C-RoM Logo
- Changed C-Tool Icon by 972style
- Revert “SMS Breath”
- Fix Floating window bug
- msm8960: Remove duplicate audio firmware type
- hammerhead: Make SYSTEM owner of cpu online files
- Gallery2 – Add 6.2Mp resolution set
- Gallery2: Handled seek to previous frame in case of video trim
- Camera: Fix out-of-order operations while setting up the editor
- Camera2: if camera HAL does not return valid picture formats do not show wrong defaults
- Implement SMS mark for unread
- jflte: assert: add jflterefreshspr
- jflte: Add missing Permissions for Step Sensor
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install C-ROM V5.5 On Galaxy S4. But let me remind you again, Samsung Kies will now Detect your Phone. If you ever want to Go Back to the Official ROM and ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery for the Device is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device Upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything.
How To Install It.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the C-ROM 5.8.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Go back and Flash Google Apps
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the C-ROM 5.8.zip and Google Apps , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
That’s it, after a Successful reboot, your Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE will be running Android 4.4.2 C-ROM v5.8 Kit-Kat. Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016