After the official release of Android 7.0 Nougat, Google announced its plans for updating the smartphones to Android 7.0. After coming across the Nexus devices which were set to get the Android Nougat update, users were disappointed with the findings of Nexus 5 getting dropped out from the list. Android Nougat will make its way to Nexus 6+ devices, the previous devices won’t be having the Nougat officially.
Manufacturers may disappoint the users with software updates for their Android handheld devices, but custom ROM developers are always there to cheer them up. XDA Santhosh M was fast enough to cook up an AOSP build of Android 7.0 Nougat for the LG Nexus 5 and put it up for users. The ROM turned out to be stable and smooth, and it also turned out to be a daily driver for users. Usually custom ROMs coming out this early have a lot of bugs in and out, but it was quite surprising to see that Android 7.0 Nougat stable ROM found its way towards Nexus 5 users in almost no time.
WiFi, Bluetooth, RIL, Camera and other mainstream features of the device are working in this ROM. Although the ROM is stable, you may still come across a few bugs and you can report those bugs immediately to the developer. Keeping in view what’s working in this ROM, it may urge many users to flash it right away. You can flash the all new AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat on Nexus 5 by following the guide here. Let’s go through the steps and get it done.
The ROM flashing process requires you to factory reset your device, so, make sure that you backup all of your important contacts, call logs, sms messages and media content. Flashing a custom ROM is not recommended by device manufacturers and the process is highly custom. In case a mishap occurs, TechBeasts, the ROM developer or the device manufacturer may not be held responsible. Make sure that you are doing everything at your own risk.
How to Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat on Nexus 5
- Make sure that your phone’s bootloader is unlocked and it must have a TWRP recovery installed on it.
- Download the aosp_hammerhead-nougat-20160916.zip and copy it to your phone’s internal or external storage.
- Boot into TWRP recovery on your Nexus 5. To do so, first turn off your phone and then turn it on by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down > navigate to recovery mode and then boot into it.
- In TWRP recovery, tap Wipe > perform a factory data reset prior to the flashing of ROM.
- Now in TWRP recovery tap Install > Locate the ROM.zip file from where you placed > select the file > Swipe to confirm flash > flash it.
- Once the ROM flashes, get back to the TWRP recovery main menu and tap > Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select cache and dalvik cache > wipe both these.
- Now in TWRP home-screen tap Reboot > System.
- Your Nexus 5 will now boot up into newly installed AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat and that’s all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017