Finally the very first custom ROM for Nexus 5 is here, not much of a change it will bring, but still it is good to see some change in a Flagship like this, Nexus 6 root toolkit is available and soon you’ll see the rooting method of Nexus 6 on our site. The AOSP source of Android 5.0 Lollipop was available long ago and the same source has been used to create this ROM. The binaries posted in this ROM is provided by Google, means stock, and the Kernel used in it is also Stock as I said, overall you won’t be able to feel any difference, but under the hood, there are some changes done and you might feel a little extra speed then usual and rather than that, it is up-to you how you feel about this ROM.
Since the TWRP recovery is available for Nexus 6, and those who has flashed the TWRP recovery on their Nexus 6 can install this ROM, rooting method will soon be posted so get ready to rumble your device.If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Nexus 6 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Google but a Custom ROM, you need to use the Fastboot commands to install this and also your device must be rooted.Let’s go through the early preparations and then flash this ROM.
1. This is only for Nexus 6!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
4. Unlock Bootloader Of Your Device:
Since Nexus devices require an unlocked Bootloader for Customizations, you need to visit the link to Unlock the Bootloader: Link
5. Root and Install TWRP Recovery:
Since this ROM can’t be install without a Custom recovery and only recovery available right now is the TWRP recovery: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Google in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Incase of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Lollipop AOSP ROM: Link
Google apps: Link
How To Install This ROM.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Bootloader mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
- Highlight Recovery In Bootloader, and Press Power Button To Select it
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Lollipop AOSP.zip, Googleapps.zip and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016