Android Revolution HD is one of the very best custom ROMs available around for HTC One X. The ROM is based on stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean packing up useful mods and features. Android Revolution HD is popular among the users for being very stable and responsive operating system. In case you own an HTC One X and looking for a suitable and stable custom ROM, you may go for Android Revolution HD.
In the following post we are going to get through a detail method that explains how you can get this ROM running on your HTC One X. Before we head towards the ROM installation guide, I highly recommend you to make sure that you have the know how of the custom ROMs and you actually know what you’re doing with your phone. Although it is a highly stable and fast ROM, but still it is a custom ROM and you got to flash it only if you have much idea about custom operating systems.
Let’s have a look on the ROM’s details and features:
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) – latest official HTC One X 4.18.401.3 (WWE) firmware
- This is improved version of stock ROM – no visual changes!
- Very fast, clean & stable!
- Full HTC Sense 5.0 Interface
- Multi-language (WWE)
- For HTC One X
Removed software (CPU) rendering – full nVidia Tegra 3 (GPU) rendering
Fully optimized and tweaked
System signatures check enabled for system security and safety
Improved virtual memory management
Enabled GPU UI rendering
Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
Bloatware applications removed
All /system applications updated to latest available
All /data applications updated to latest available
Improved CPU governors performance
Most optimal system scheduler
Disabled kernel debugging for better performance
Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
Auto init.d permissions set on boot
sysro/sysrw commands support
Excellent battery life!
Improved EXT4 performance
Most up-to-date system files permissions
Adobe Flash Player support
Support almost 24h a day
Here are some important pre-requisites and instructions that you must keep in mind before installing Android Revolution HD:
- This ROM is only for HTC One X International. Do not try this on any other variants of HTC One X. Make sure to check your device’s model number under Settings > About Device > Hardware Info / Model Number.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged over at least 80%. We highly recommend this in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Your device must be running on latest Android 4.2.2. Jelly Bean. If it’s running on a lower version of Android, you may not install this ROM. This may result in bricking your device. You may update your device to Android 4.2.2 via, check out this thread first and then flash this custom Android Revolution HD ROM.
- Download and Install Android ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your PC. Follow the full guide here.
- Download and Install HTC Drivers on your phone. Get here.
- Your device’s bootloader must be unlocked. Unlock it here.
- Backup each and everything on your Android phone as follows:
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Backup all your apps / data. If you’ve rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to do so. Follow the full guide here.
- Make sure that you read all the important instructions carefully. Once done, you may go ahead.
Once read all the instructions, head towards the 2nd page for ROM installation.
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Stock Wallpapers - March 29, 2017
- List of Samsung Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8 Plus Model Numbers - March 29, 2017
- T-Mobile goes underwater to welcome the Galaxy S8 with Sharks - March 29, 2017